Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Terry Andrews. R.I.P.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

graham4233

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2013 :  10:54:56  Show Profile
Terry was my first contact with the Triple M fraternity when I started to put together the basketcase NA I'd found. His knowledge of things MG was outstanding and he helped me enormously. A great loss of a great person. My condolences to his family.
Graham
NA 0640
Go to Top of Page

Barrie Dean

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2013 :  16:11:25  Show Profile
What can we say that has not already been said. Terry was agreat MMM entusiast and a dear and respected friend who will be greatly missed.
Our condolences to Margaret and family. Rest in peace Terry. From Barrie and Janet Dean.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  15:14:06  Show Profile
Margaret Andrews would like you to know that Terry's funeral service will take place on Friday 3rd May at 12 noon at St Margaret's Lee, Brandram Road, London SE13 5EA

Margaret particularly asks that attenders wear something bright - no black ties!

All are welcome (including Triple-M cars) If you do plan to attend the service and the subsequent 'wake', it would be very helpful if you would please contact me (Dick Morbey) to let me know. Margaret has to finalise the catering plans very shortly so we need your reply by this Thursday, 25th April, please.

e-mails please to richard.morbey@gmail.com or +44 (0)1494 883112

Family flowers only but donations will be welcomed for Myeloma UK. Margaret is setting up a Just Giving charity page so that people can donate if they would like to do so.

Dick
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 22/04/2013 15:16:58
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  14:11:12  Show Profile
Oh dear - I've only just caught up with this sad news. My sympathy and condolences go out to all his family.

I am proud to have known Terry and my NB Cresta carries a lasting legacy of his help, care and skills - he provided the car with two very fine and accurate new badge bar mounts. They will remind me of a cheerful Triple-M enthusiast who played an important role for many of us in getting our cars on the road and keeping them there.

Terry was also one of my main expert contacts to whom I turned for help during my period as Triple-M Registrar. I know he also helped many other Triple-MMM'ers both here and overseas.

Very sad to lose such a one as Terry.

Bob Clare
Sometime Triple-M Registrar
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2013 :  09:12:34  Show Profile
Margaret Andrews has now set up a JustGiving webpage where it's possible to make donations to Myeloma UK. Please visit www.justgiving.com/Terry-Andrews1 for details.

Dick
PA/PB 0743
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2013 :  00:26:19  Show Profile
I have just read this topic and rather late in the day which has also come as a shock

Terry is a major loss for us all, a very up beat enthusiast who was always incredibly friendly, knowledgable and helpful to everyone he met. Terry managed to stay positive right up until the end and was still continuing to amass new parts for his L type just 4 weeks or so before Dick posted this sad notice. His fine MMM restorations will be a legacy which will keep our fond memories of him truly alive

You will be so missed by so many Terry. RIP

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 25/04/2013 00:27:59
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2013 :  20:23:44  Show Profile
Just a friendly reminder that if you are planning to attend Terry Andrews' funeral on Friday 3rd May (details above) would you please be kind enough to let me know today?

This will greatly assist Margaret Andrews in making the necessary arrangements including catering.

Many thanks
Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2013 :  23:28:19  Show Profile
I only leant of Terry's passing on Monday and having been Hospital for a couple of days have not had an opportunity to reach the forum.
Terry had a heart of gold, imparted more help to others than can be counted and was the definition of a MMM enthusiast.
I knew him from the beginning when he first entered my shop in the early seventies at Chislehurst in search of a pre-war MG. I found him his first car, a white running 'P' type for restoration from the Isle of Man. From that point onwards he never looked back, and in spite of his ill health was striving to examine, research and build subsequent cars to the very end. As a BT engineer he knew his stuff, and I always joked with him how he got a telephone No. ending in...1234!
Sue and I send our deepest sympathies to Margaret and the family. Rest in Peace Terry.

Barry & Sue Walker.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2013 :  08:39:33  Show Profile
Margaret Andrews has been in touch with the following message, which I am sure all friends of Terry and the family will be glad to read......

"I would like to thank all Terry's Triple M friends who sent cards and kind thoughts and gave such generous donations to Myeloma UK in his memory. Thank you also to all of you who attended his funeral on 3 May, not just from the south east but from Yorkshire and Europe, and to those who came in their MGs. Your kindness and support really helped Peter and me and turned a difficult day into a real celebration of Terry's life. ...

Thank you.
Margaret"

Dick
PA/PB 0743
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page