Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 My start to MMM motoring
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MG 1930

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  15:46:29  Show Profile
Hi all,

I just wanted to post a message showing the beginnings to my first MMM project having dabbled with minis in the past its time to move on. At 22 and having finished my degree in mechanical engineering I'm due to begin my first proper job in September; I felt it is time I made a start. I recently collected my completed J2 chassis from Russ Truman at MG Live and put it together with a few parts I have been collecting over the last few years for the photo below. I am planning on creating a J4 rep having always been fond of the 'miniature K3' look.

I think a couple of weeks fettling should sort it out, dont you? Then I'l be gunning for you Foz and Oliver on the track within the coming years.

Thanks for taking an interest and to all of the MMM's that have helped me so far (I'm sure I will need some more assistance in the future!),

Daniel

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  16:01:14  Show Profile
Hi Daniel,

Good on you! Go and get some mates your age interested as well and this Register might just survive !

Good luck in the next couple of weeks!

Cat
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  16:35:13  Show Profile
That looks like a good start!
Cathelijne must certainly appreciate someone with the same taste in foot wear ;)

Nice to know I am not the youngest anymore and thanks for the help in lowering the average age around here.
Hope to see you on track as soon as possible!
My motto for my D special is "I'll drive when I'm 35" (29 now so a few years to go)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

MGB

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  17:49:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cathelijne

Good luck in the next couple of weeks!

And I thought I was optimistic...

Daniel, good luck and I really hope you will enjoy your car as much as I do.

Regards,
Maurice

http://www.dioncre.nl/Algje/index.html
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  18:16:07  Show Profile
Daniel,
If you reckon 2 weeks for the blown option - ditch all that unnecessary complication & you'll be there in 10 days!

JH
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  18:41:54  Show Profile
I might have a spare brake drum...
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  21:51:38  Show Profile
Hi Daniel . Well done on the start of your project. They all take time and you should have plenty a head of you . I like the LOW RIDER aproach. Cheers Pat
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  22:45:04  Show Profile
Hi Daniel

And a welcome also from me also to the wonderful world of Triple-M motoring.

I look forward to seeing the J4 rep racing in the near future.

George
L2023
Register no 994

Edited by - George Eagle on 20/06/2013 09:00:02
Go to Top of Page

MG 1930

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  22:55:42  Show Profile
Thanks for the support, my primary aim is to finish my car before my dad finishes his. He bought it when I was born and still has yet to finish it yet - motivation if nothing else to outpace him!
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  23:04:54  Show Profile
Hmmmmnnn....worrying.....looks like a young Mike Hawthorn.....
Foz
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2013 :  07:56:49  Show Profile
I look forward to restoring/rebuilding my J2 alongside you, I hope to have it in the UK in about end of July 2013. Good Luck.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2013 :  14:04:56  Show Profile
Daniel , can I put you down as a sure entry for the MMM race a MG Live next year ? And stick with the supercharged option - Foz needs opposition ! Good luck , and stick with it .
Go to Top of Page

MG 1930

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2013 :  14:59:43  Show Profile
I wish Fred, maybe the year after should there be a true MMM race!
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2013 :  17:16:34  Show Profile
Daniel,

Congratulations. I can relate so well.

Having been a continuous MG owner since May of 1951 when I was a fledgling 18 yrs old, and, as a result of meeting the late Bob Hudson and having a quick run in his C-Type, I knew that my stable of MGs (4 at that time) was incomplete without a Triple M MG. So in I set out to find a J2 or PA that was affordable. Along the way, I amassed a whole lot of spares including a tub, and that “collection” is displayed in the left picture below, taken two years before I had even located my PA.

In the fall of 2009, I learned of PA 0921 and traced it to a lockup in New Hampshire, where it had lain undriven since 1986, resulting in the car you see on the right. It is now in serious restoration. I’m now 80 and the MG flame still burns brightly, but there are now interrupting limitations!

So Daniel, you and I are on the same page. I only wish we were on the same continent so visiting you could be easier, however I do come to the UK often to visit my bro and one just never knows ...

My very best to you with your project.

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.

Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  19:53:10  Show Profile
Hi - like you I was a very young man when I found my favourite 1934 MG J2 for which I paid £100 in 1966. I wish I hadn't gone down the road of trying to update ie TC MGA MGB but when you are young you do silly things and now I am 66, I can't afford to buy a similar J2.
I will therefore have to go down a similar route to you ie chassis engine and keep obtaining parts.
If anyone knows of a J2 chassis with V5c at a reasonable price, please let me know.
Good luck with your project
Ralph

I turned your image right side up. Nick
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  20:15:55  Show Profile
I can't wait to get my J2 back to the Uk to make a start. I have already commissioned a new blumels brooklands steering wheel to replace the original which now adorns my garage wall ( its too fragile to be used ), I have also sent my two speedo / rev. counters for rebuilding ( the later one will be for sale once restored )and I have purchased a tool roll from the brothers..I am off to Cyprus after Goodwood to further dismantle the chassis for shipping..I was hoping to complete this exercise in July but circumstances meant that I could'nt be away at this time. At 65 I find that climbing around a chassis is more difficult...but one has to suffer for ones pleasures...where is the paracetemol ??

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000