Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 My start to MMM motoring
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  20:39:32  Show Profile
Ralph if i was you id look for a basket case to restore. By getting a chassis it will be very hard to find the all the rest of it and by the time yourve finished it would cost you more than what you can buy one done.
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  22:55:22  Show Profile
Looking forward to seeing J2353 back in Blighty, Chris.
Happy hunting and building.
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  23:55:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by greg

Ralph if i was you id look for a basket case to restore. By getting a chassis it will be very hard to find the all the rest of it and by the time yourve finished it would cost you more than what you can buy one done.

Greg, I know you are right but basket case J2s are now getting like Unicorns and it is amazing how if you start on a chassis all sorts of people come around with stories of unknown MGs. This happened with both my TC and an Austin 7 Ralph
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  00:01:22  Show Profile
Keep an eye on this forum every 6 months a basket case j2 turns up on here for sale. Theres quite a few still about i dont know where they keep coming from.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  10:15:31  Show Profile
Why not go for an Austin Seven 'Ulster' rep., a J.2 contemporary?

Much more easily built from bits - see the HVA catalogue for next week - and at least as much fun as a J.2. Even has a two-bearing crankshaft.

More importantly, a drive to try one out can more easily be found - A7 owners are lovely people - which can avoid disappointment with the driving experience after a lengthy and expensive rebuild.

Bob. (ex-F, J.2., L.2, PA, Traction, Topo and others)
Go to Top of Page

Ralph

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  12:23:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Stringfield

Why not go for an Austin Seven 'Ulster' rep., a J.2 contemporary?

Much more easily built from bits - see the HVA catalogue for next week - and at least as much fun as a J.2. Even has a two-bearing crankshaft.

More importantly, a drive to try one out can more easily be found - A7 owners are lovely people - which can avoid disappointment with the driving experience after a lengthy and expensive rebuild.

Bob. (ex-F, J.2., L.2, PA, Traction, Topo and others)

Bob been there - re bodied attached Austin 7 but I am an MG man through and through owned TA Tickford J2 TC TF MGA Coupe MGB gt. Now retired and I need one more MG.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000