Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 History of J2 4138
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FrankvanDalen

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2006 :  16:06:48  Show Profile
I am trying to trace the history of J2 4138 (former registration WF 6049), which I bought recently from the Campbell family in norhern Scotland. Robin Campbell, who acquired the car in 1964, has researched the history but all documents and correspondence were lost after he died a few years ago. The MG company service records are apparently lost as well, but I do have the following unsubstantiated clues:

The car started life as an 18th birthday present to a young lady in Sheffield, in October 1933. It is likely that it participated in the 1934 Monte Carlo rally. When Robin Campbell bought it off a friend 30 years later, is was fitted with a P-type engine, which he replaced temporarily by a Morris Minor engine in the 1970's, to keep him rolling while he was rebuilding a J2 block which Mike Hawk had helped him to find. The car has spent most of its life with Robin Campbell in Helmsdale, Scotland.

I would appreciate to hear from anyone who has known this car or its owners, or from anyone who has suggestions on how to retrace its history. Thank you very much,

Frank van Dalen

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2006 :  22:59:47  Show Profile
Hello Frank,

If you haven't received it already, I wrote you a letter on 19th. April, having received your form for the Triple-M Bulletin from Philip Bayne-Powell. Attached to the letter is a form which I need to update the Register. You can e-mail it to me if that's easier. A photo of the car would be good also.

Anyway, as soon as I hear from you I'll e-mail you a summary of the info we have here on J 4138.

Kind regards.
Bob Clare
Registrar, Triple-M Register
MG Car Club

Please note:- All personal information given to the Register is protected by the UK Data Protection Act.

39 Hillside Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 9QS, England
Tel: 044 (0)1903 203698 Fax: 044 (0)1903 234609 e-mail: 100570.2213@compuserve.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000