Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Factory Photographs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

sam christie

United Kingdom
3104 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  19:04:31  Show Profile
Is this factory photo held be the Register? It would be great to see this in much better detail.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  19:44:46  Show Profile
Sam,

If you contact those nice folks on the Dutch site they might be able to let you have reasonably hi res copies. See http://www.mgmmm.com/type-M-foto%27s.htm

I've got several images from them since the Register don't seem willing to make them available to us.
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  20:19:25  Show Profile
What a great picture. What is the electric tool bottom left?

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
157 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  20:23:04  Show Profile
Looks like a Wolf electric drill.

Eric.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  20:48:20  Show Profile
Gents

This lovely image is not in the factory pictures held by the register. If it were possible to receive a copy of the file, it would make a nice addition.

How do I know this, well I am scanning them all, single handedly, with a view to making them available at some stage. Before this happens, they require scanning and organising in a correct and proper fashion. No mean task as it's a spare time project and there are hundreds of prints to scan and digitally optimise.

As Dick has previously suggested, "watch this space" and please bear with us while this comes together. There is indeed a will to complete this.

Regards

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2013 :  06:19:12  Show Profile
Robin,

It's good news to hear that finally the scanning is actually being done and I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to share the burden if it would speed things up. I myself offered some time ago to take some and do them but it fell on deaf ears.

As for the organising of them, I suspect most of us would just be happy to have them online and available even if they weren't organised in a correct and proper fashion. I'm not sure exactly what a correct and proper fashion might be but surely just catogorising them by model and, say, miscellaneous where no specific model dominates, would suffice? I imagine that most of them are already identified as they've been around for a long time and published in numerous articles and books. It's a shame that we have to go to other websites to find photographs that the Register actually has (the above one of the M type production line excepted)but isn't able to make available.

If there is a concern about hi res images simply being downloaded and then prints sold on fleaBay or elsewhere, the watermark that I used in the scan of the Ards TT programme should do the trick.

Dick did advise us to "watch this space" but he carefully omitted to say for how long! Do you have a realistic time frame for the job being completed and the photos actually becoming available?

Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2013 :  09:27:26  Show Profile
Hi Simon

All of the prints in the archive are labelled by car model type. The ambition is to replicate this digitally, which requires careful file tagging and naming. Having archived thousands of my own photographs, I can tell you that this requires careful thought, planning and pots of time. It also requires ultimate consistency, otherwise all sorts of issues can arise. Hence really the need for one person to sort out the basis of the project.

Watermarking is the plan and this is being looked at as I type this.

My ambition is to complete the scanning as quickly as possible, I'm roughly half way through them but with a full time job, family life, car to restore and the other valuable register work to prioritise, I can't be drawn on when it will be finished. Early 2014 is about all I can steer you on at present but I am very aware of the intrinsic value of the factory photographs.

Regards

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2013 :  09:57:18  Show Profile
Many thanks, Robin, it's good to know that the task is finally in good hands and I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. I promise not to raise this again before mid 2014, and only then if necessary!

But I didn't understand your reference to having to prioritise work and family matters in this context

Simon
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2013 :  11:27:08  Show Profile
Great photo Sam.
Any guesses as to the colour of the back axle casing and the engine block? Were they going to paint the back axle black in situ?

Matthew.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2013 :  11:47:07  Show Profile
Perhaps the axle's a dud......it's got a cross on it! Or perhaps it's going to be raced by a novice. But then again, I don't suppose you can see it from a following car once the body's on?!

Happy Christmas & New Year to one & all.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3104 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2013 :  14:44:25  Show Profile
I have heard it said that sometimes items to be photographed were given a coat of grey paint to make the detail stand out. Obviousy the chassis and wire wheels and tyres indicate what black should look like.

I wonder if the X means the diff needs oil. Presumably the axle would have been fitted 'dry' to avoid spillage?

This is the workbench just out of the bottom right of the above picture showing what a new exhaust looked like before fitting. Is that a steering wheel in the parcel?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2014 :  17:40:52  Show Profile
Bump

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  14:43:49  Show Profile
Triple-M Register Factory Photographs Gallery.

The Register team has been busy creating digital images of period Factory photographs contained in the Register’s archives. These contain a wealth of information about the original assembly and finish details of our cars. We’re happy to announce that we have now teamed up with a supplier, Photobox which means that you can now view and buy high quality prints of these photographs on-line via the Register Library at a reasonable cost.

Altogether over 350 images are available and they can be viewed and purchased via the on-line Register Library at http://www.triple-mshop.org/ or by visiting the Gallery at: http://www.photoboxgallery.com/triplemgallery

The images are arranged by model types and there are additional sections, one showing Competition Cars and the other, ‘Other Photos', showing pictures of cars in production at the Works, some vintage models, experimental cars etc.

Some of the original photos are non-standard sizes, so during the order process you will be able to check and adjust the fit of your chosen image within your requested print size. We have a number of print sizes available from 6”x4” up to 12” x 8”. Several interesting products are also available, at this stage including coasters and mouse mats on offer. Other items of regalia may be available at a future stage.

Purchase, production, shipping and any queries will be handled directly by Photobox and not the Triple-M Register. However if you do have any general questions or feedback Mark Dolton can be contacted via email at: Triplemgallery@gmail.com

This project has taken a while to finalise and thanks are due to Robin Hamblett for many hours spent scanning and optimising the original photographs and to Mark Dolton who has been instrumental in launching this on-line facility. We hope that owners will find the facility useful and will support it by purchasing some of these invaluable images.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 10/10/2014 14:46:12
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  15:43:10  Show Profile
A long wait, Dick, but well worth it. This is an excellent way of making these available and thanks to all concerned for the work that has gone into this.

Now, where's my credit card?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  08:39:36  Show Profile
Thanks to all for the hours that have gone into this.
The site is more balanced for these lovely period photographs of the marque.

Edited by - spitfire on 12/10/2014 08:40:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000