Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Factory Photographs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  17:36:37  Show Profile
Ditto.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  18:34:31  Show Profile
Watch this space. We have a plan!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  00:35:05  Show Profile
I trust it's a cunning one, Mr. Mainwaring! (To mix my TV metaphors)
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  21:19:17  Show Profile
Just to show what we're waiting for, this is the sort of thing we used to get years ago from the Register

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  21:48:24  Show Profile
My gosh; wasn't that Nick Sands?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  21:52:58  Show Profile
Indeed, I believe so.
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  08:12:51  Show Profile
I remeber those, I used them a lot when restoring my L2 and very helpful they were too. I am waiting....
Regards Sven Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3377 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  13:39:34  Show Profile
Be patient friends. I don't have any pictures yet, but they are coming.
I then have to create the software and appropriate search categories - I then will need to identify each picture according to the search categories. I will need help with this. I will also include a "comments" box since I am told there are many pictures of components that didn't make it into the production cars so do not represent any form of originality.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  14:06:51  Show Profile
To illustrate Nick's last sentence here is one such picture.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  14:17:17  Show Profile
Prototype 12" brake on f type i think
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3377 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  21:51:57  Show Profile
This is how I imagine this is going to work. Initially, I will add the pictures to the site as I receive them. This library of pictures will be combined with all the other pictures we already have as well as those from the "seeking information" forum that are relevant (so that they all can be searched from one place).
As an aid to searching for pictures, I will create a list of categories, for example part, type, date of picture, venue, driver, comments and so on. I will be asking for help filling in all these details for each picture, possibly via an on-line form. Some details will be obvious, while others will be not applicable.
Once we have a good range of details I will enable a search facility, something like "all factory pictures of P-types" or "all pictures taken in 1936" or "all pictures taken before 1939" and so on. It will be possible to combine search criteria, for example "all pictures of P-types taken before 1939" or "all pictures taken at Brooklands between 1934 and 1950".
Eventually I would like to have other pictures of Triple-M MGs that exist added to this picture library, including those competing, those not competing, those at garden parties and so on. The search facility will enable you to only see these factory pictures, or not, as you wish.
These are just my current thoughts, eventually this section will emerge in stages and may be somewhat different. I will keep you all posted as the ideas solidify and as always I welcome ideas and suggestions for this new section
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  22:17:55  Show Profile
I believe those old photos were indeed managed by Nick Sands - my how time has passed.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2013 :  13:07:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

my how time has passed.

Indeed, George, and another month slips by and still no news on this. Interestingly, looking at some back issues of the Year Book when Malcolm Green was the librarian, I see that the factory photos were credited to 'Magna Press', Didn't Magna Press publish the Malcolm Green books? Does Magna Press still exist?

I think we should be told!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2013 :  13:29:51  Show Profile
Copyright might well still apply, and possibly belong to the photographer; so caution may be advisable.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6141 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2013 :  14:02:39  Show Profile
This could well be, Ian, but up to about 2000/2001 the Register sold copies of the factory publicity photos. This was discontinued apparently because of a lack of interest and then in the 2001 Year Book any factory photos were credited to Magna Press. Likewise in the 2002 Year Book. I don't have any subsequent ones to hand apart from the 2012 one by which time factory photos that appeared in Mike Allison's article were simply credited to Mike's private collection. For example, the well known photo of the L type on the brake rollers features in both the 2002 and the 2012 Year Books. In the former it is credited to. Magna Press, in the latter, to Mike Allison's private collection.

Hence my query about Magna Press.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000