Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Technical downloads
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  13:43:57  Show Profile
I have uploaded 3 new documents courtesy of Horst Wendling (thank you Horst). The PA/PB Instruction and Parts manuals (Document Downloads-Technical-Manuals) and a carburetor needle selection chart for all models (Document downloads-Technical-Carburetor).

If you have an Instruction Manual or Parts List in good condition and can scan it for me (jpg or pdf) for the other models, I will add those to the Manuals section for the benefit of others.

Webmaster

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  14:00:28  Show Profile
Don't forget that the J parts list is in Octagon Heaven. No 155. As you would say, Nick, don't ask me how I know this!
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  16:10:23  Show Profile
Thank you Simon, I wasn't aware of that and I won't ask!
I still think it would be great if we could have a complete set of manuals available on-line. Another useful resource?
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  19:28:11  Show Profile

As mentioned previously on the Forum, a great CD to have.

Cost about 15 pounds form Heritage Trust.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 01/08/2013 19:35:18
Go to Top of Page

Kts

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  23:52:13  Show Profile
Hi Nick and Simon; the J2 list in Octagon Heaven differs from that found in an actual J type manual, which I recently acquired. I'll be happy to scan the manual for publication on the site. Its in near perfect condition, so should come through in fine shape. Nick, which do you prefer jpg or pdf?

KTS
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  07:28:15  Show Profile
Hi
Nice documents and good that they are made available to all, but the needle selection one duplicates a silly mistake on L types. L type owners should adhere to the information given under KC Engine instead of that undr L type.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  07:32:21  Show Profile
KTS,

I'll be very interested to see the differences between the parts list that is included in Octagon Heaven and the one that was included with the J manual. So do please scan it and send it to Nick.

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  09:57:18  Show Profile
The DVD that Brian refers to above takes a bit of tracking down but can be obtained here http://motoringclassics.co.uk/pre-war-mg%3Cbr-%3E1928-to-1939/p21725 Price £22.98
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  10:53:16  Show Profile
Or here perhaps ...

http://www.triple-mshop.org/products-page/limited-availability/

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  11:19:43  Show Profile
Odd, I looked there and didn't see it. Thanks for pointing that out, Cat, otherwise sales would have gone to the wrong place!
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  12:37:30  Show Profile
Koke
Thank you for the offer. It ultimately has to be in pdf format but scanning it directly into that often results in a very large file. Probably easier if you send me a jpg scan and I will convert it. It loses some quality that way but it is much more manageable.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  12:38:20  Show Profile
Sven
Send me the corrections for the needles and I will update the document,
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  10:57:00  Show Profile
Nick, I have sent you a separate e mail.
regards
Sven
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2013 :  21:41:17  Show Profile
Koke,

You said that your J2 manual included the parts list but it doesn't seem to be in the document in the Download section. I'm interested to see how it might differ from be one I have which I bought, along with the same manual you have provided, from Terry and Barry Bone back in 1973! I also have a copy of the April 1933 version of the manual which I bought from the Octagon Car club last year. It's more or less the same as the August 1933 version but is obviously illustrated on the front cover with a cycle wing car rather than a swept wing one.
Go to Top of Page

Kts

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  03:30:43  Show Profile
Hi Simon - I just downloaded the manual from the Triple M site, no problems, and the tool list is on page 86 of the 92 downloaded, page seventy- seven as numbered in the manual. I should have said in my "its different" comment that it is not so much substance as wording and that there are more items listed in the Manual then Article 91,, which really are not tools, such as spare spark plug and license holder. I'd be curious if you see any difference between the April version and the August one.

Also, on page five, there is a sentence about the Duckham's oil and spare tin. Does the April one say the same thng? The P manual has the same sentence on the same page, but names Shell Aero as the oil supplied with "all" Midgets. Go figure! You'll note on another post that the Collingburn boys are now looking for the proper Duckham's to reproduce. They allready mak the Shell one.

Got most of my tools,will get a picture together of them one of these days.

KTS
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6121 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  08:51:21  Show Profile
Hi Koke,

Clearly some crossed wires here! I was referring to the Parts List which is Article 155 in Octagon Heven; but you were referring to the Tool List, which is Article 91. And indeed there are differences between the April publication and the August one when it comes to tools as the April one doesn't include the box spanners and tommy bar listed for the J2 in the August one. And strangely the April publication lists AeroShell oil, like the P type! A you say, go figure!

And I wonder what sort of licence holder was supplied!!!

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 14/08/2013 08:51:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000