Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 on car wheel balancing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2013 :  12:19:12  Show Profile
http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/wirewheelbalancing.html#
This shows why modern balancing machines are not suitable and give false readings.
From my recent experience I would always get centre lock wire wheels balanced on the car.
Graham
p.s. Dave, yes a lovely run along the A272 then turn right at the West Meon Hut. Then take 3rd yellow on the left.Nice scenic road to Four Marks.

Edited by - graham holdsworth on 24/08/2013 12:28:59
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2013 :  00:14:13  Show Profile
If you try ringing

Discount Tyre Direct,
Winton Place
Worthing BN11 1HN
01903 203477
e-mail - info@dtstyres.co.uk
website – www. dtstyres.co.uk

and say Bob Clare gave you the number they will help. I'm a regular visitor to them with wheels from both the Cresta NB and the PB so mention that if they say "Bob Who??".

They do a fair job of balancing though not to racing standards. Give me a ring on 01903 203698 if you have trouble.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2013 :  10:07:50  Show Profile
Dave and Graham,

I visit Four Marks quite frequently - not to have my wheels balanced, I should say, but to visit the Mid-Hants Railway. Rather than the A272 (which I find slightly less than beloved) I use Stoner Hill out of Petersfield, through Steep village and up the series of hairpin bends known locally as "Little Switzerland". Then on past Froxfield, Tisted Crossroads, Monkswood to the A31 at Ropley. Quite a fast road for much of its length, and frequently not more than two or three cars during the entire journey. Take care over the last mile into Ropley, as the road straightens out but the speed limit then reduces to 30 mph. Don't ask how I know this, but I did learn a bit from the Speed Awareness Course ! Not many people know this, but ex F1 driver Derek Warwick hailed from Four Marks. I wonder whether he was a wheel balancer in his formative years.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  11:58:25  Show Profile
Bob,

You don't specifically mention on-car balancing which is what I think interests Graham, & certainly does me. I can get ordinary balancing done closer to home but.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000