Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Beaulieu
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  11:31:47  Show Profile
I dont think beaulieu has had its day theres still a big number of stalls. Its the spares that are drying up a lot of stalls bring the same stuff every year. I think the may beaulieu has had its day thou theres less stalls every year
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  12:02:40  Show Profile
Bob

How did the 2 MGs in the Bonhams auction fare?

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  13:19:05  Show Profile
One sold, one did not!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  13:58:12  Show Profile
On 7 Sept Lot 366 - 1934 Magnette NA Allington Drophead Coupe was sold for £73,740 (inc fees) and then Lot 396 - 1937 MG VA Drophead Coupe (Project!) sold for £13,500 again including fees.

Keith Gosden
PA 0909 - 4 seat tourer
Register No. 0742
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  16:21:38  Show Profile

Thanks, Keith, for your informative contribution.

The 'Allingham' was the better-looking car, the 'University' perhaps over-bodied, like so many of the later MG 'sixes', open touring cars, rather than sports cars. No doubt an expert can tell us which type of car figured in MG's falling sales in the MMM era.

Catalogue estimates usually reflect what the vendor considers that the car is worth, the end result is what the market on the day thinks, as with all auctions.

greg. Your comment embodied what numbers of people said, in that despite the number of stalls, the desirable material was thinner on the ground and possibly easier to find elsewhere.

Bob. ( Personal. rather than professional, comments, of course. )

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  17:04:17  Show Profile
Even last year when I and three others came over for 12 days of Triple-M adventures, there was precious little to be found for our cars. No doubt this was due to the fact that nearly 80 years on, most useable spares have already been absorbed into the number of cars being restored or into the hands of the parts dealers.

However, it was still a fun and entertaining event, for no other reason than meeting old friends,making useful new acquaintences, and for the pure thrill of the hunt.

I, for one, would go again in a heartbeat.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  18:54:29  Show Profile
It still has the same atmosphere. mg spares have always been thin on the ground at beaulieu espesially mechanical bits like gearboxes and heads etc.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2013 :  19:27:51  Show Profile
Speaking of Beaulieu and lack of spares, I'm still searching for an N/P Bishops Cam box for NA0540 that I'm turning back into an Airline Coupe' from its vintage racer configuration. I walked all over Beaulieu, had a great time as usual, but also had the same usual steering box luck - NONE!!

Steering box wanted please on the sunny shores of lake Erie! tommm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000