Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Body Mounting
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Graham

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  14:12:55  Show Profile
I have just purchased a new ash frame for my PA.

The original body had been butchered and was non standard.

I now find that I do not have several inportant parts that hopefully somebody can help me with.

The mounting irons have been chopped at the hinge pillar so are missing the triangular hinge post bracket and the rear part with the two mounting tabs.

The steel floor support plate. This is the part that is riveted onto the plywood inner panel via the two mounting tabs on the body irons and has a relief formed into it to give clearance for movement of the axle

I do not have the steel wheel arches as my body had been modfied with wooden infill pieces.

Does anybody have sketches or drawings that wold assist me in getting these parts made or suggest where I could get them from.

Graham

DSW

Germany
95 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2006 :  16:09:45  Show Profile
I have tried to take some measurements from an old mounting frame awaiting restoration, and found that nothing seems perpendicular to anything else.
It seems that the rear triangle has a base length of about 2.75", and a height of about 3.75". There are three screw holes in it. The metal is bent from this across the end of the frame at an angle of about 75 degrees, and has a base length of about 1" and a top of about 1.5", both measured horizontally. It thus gets wider at the top, and the previous triangle is therefore also moving outwards as one moves towards the vertex. The two flaps are similar: 2.25" long by 1.5" high with 5 rivet holes each.
To make it more difficult to measure, the whole thing is bent nicely from one piece of metal with reasonable bend radii.
I cannot judge exactly where your frame was cut off, but mine runs straight at the back end for 8 inches before starting to curve in towards the front of the car.
I could e-mail some photos to make it all understandable if you would like.
Go to Top of Page

Graham

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2006 :  18:43:26  Show Profile
Thanks, yes some photos would be great.

I appreciate you taking the time to take the measurements.

Do you have the steel plate that supports the floor and covers the hole where the axle travels.
Go to Top of Page

DSW

Germany
95 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2006 :  19:39:42  Show Profile
Graham,
Photos are mailed.
The steel plate supporting the floor is in the car! I am not sure I can get at it too quickly, but will try. It will take a few days.

David
Go to Top of Page

Bodger

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2006 :  06:33:22  Show Profile
Graham,
I am having some floorboard support plates made at the moment, so I could enquire about making another set if that is of interest.
Alternatively I have one rusty one attached to the old P-type body I have if you would like to borrow it as a pattern. I also have a pair of old body irons you could borrow if that would help confirm the dimensions you were given.

Jonathan Welch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000