Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG + TRIUMPH PARTS DAY
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

poulsendk

Denmark
270 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  17:33:27  Show Profile
Changes to the MG Spares Day and Triumph Show

The International MG Show and Spares Day and its sister Triumph Show are combining to create one ‘Best of British’ super show, offering extra benefits for both visitors and exhibitors. Instead of running an MG Show one weekend and a separate Triumph Show a couple of weeks later, Live Promotions will be running both shows together on Sunday March 3, 2014.

The new format will benefit traders who supply both marques and to those who sell items such as tools and garage consumables to interact with a much wider audience, with traders gathered in Halls 1 and 2, with the MG and Triumph clubs located together in Hall 3.

With an all new layout, Hall 3 will be carpeted, heated and joined to Hall 1 by a covered linkway – all clear benefits from running the two shows together. Clubs may also choose to take advantage of special club rates to relocate into Hall 1 or 2 if they wish, but all those in Hall 3 will be allocated stand space free of charge. And in response to feedback from the clubs in previous years, this will be of a standard size sufficient for three cars and a gazebo, allowing club officials to plan ahead and to keep a lid on their operating costs.

Also in response to feedback from traders and clubs alike, the previous 9am 'early bird' entry scheme is being discontinued, so stands only have to be ready for a straightforward 9.30am-4pm day. There will also be undercover parking in the lower cattle sheds for those who arrive in a marque-appropriate vehicle, available on a first-come/first-served basis.

Take a look at our brand new website: http://www.mgandtriumphsparesday.co.uk/

Buy Day Tickets

Copyright © 2013 Live Promotions, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as you have previously visited one of our shows.

Our mailing address is:

Live Promotions
Live Promotions, Riverside Quay
Double Street
Spalding, Lincolnshire PE11 2AB
United Kingdom

MGM 1930 MGM 1931

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  19:38:58  Show Profile
The 'exhibition space' section of the website seems to show a photo of a Riley and the 'Clubs' section shows a photo of a plastic kit car with an MG badge on it !!

Rich

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 21/10/2013 19:42:58
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  21:42:36  Show Profile
But the bigger problem is that the new date is my wife's birthday! How do I square that circle.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

poulsendk

Denmark
270 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  21:48:34  Show Profile
Peter. You can invite her with to the show !!!
Jorgen

MGM 1930 MGM 1931
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2013 :  23:20:42  Show Profile
Just to put the record straight the date is Sunday 2nd March 2014.

Peter, if your wife's birthday is on March 3rd hopefully you will not now have a problem.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  21:34:48  Show Profile
Peter Thank you very much for pointing out my mistake. I can now breathe a big sigh of relief.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2013 :  23:18:29  Show Profile
Peter,

I do not think you made a mistake, the initial posting does not state the correct date.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2013 :  07:52:27  Show Profile
Peter

I see now that I was lead astray by the original posting.

Stoneleigh was developing into an excellent MG day with much to interest members of our register. I wonder what difference the new arrangements will have.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2013 :  17:36:45  Show Profile

Since the Register has so far failed to drum up a stand for Library or Regalia sales, or any sort of formal presence of any kind at this MG Day - perhaps it is too far north - there is little to induce Forumistes to travel.

It was apparent last year that MG bits were spread more thinly, George Osborne's economic improvements being confined to the Home Counties, at least the Triumph content may ensure that the spares day stays viable, which is positive.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  11:57:21  Show Profile
Just to let everyone know the Triple-M Register will be present at Stoneleigh on 2nd March.

We have booked space in Hall 2 where we will be with the MGCC, Midget Register and MGB Register stands - hopefully we will be grouped together to form a good presence.

We plan to have the library, cars on display, provide seating and possibly space for members to sell spares.

Volunteers for stand duty and cars for display would be welcomed.

We hope there will be the usual good attendance of Triple-M members.

George
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  11:49:15  Show Profile
We are now all set up for the show, our stand is Club 8 in the centre of Hall 2.

The organisers agreed to our request to have all the MGCC stands in one place, these are the stands of the MGCC, Midget Register, MGB Register and MG Car Racing Championships. The MG Octagon Car Club stand adjoins that of the MGB Register.

We will have 2 competition cars on display as well as the Library.

The programme will include a piece on the Triple-M Register plus a single photo showing both the display cars.

We look forward to seeing everyone on 2nd March.

George
Hon Sec

Edited by - George Eagle on 11/02/2014 11:51:23
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  17:25:21  Show Profile
George

Excellent. It will be good to see a Triple-M stand at the show. Somewhere for us all to meet up for a chat and in the centre of the prestigous Hall 2.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2014 :  11:43:51  Show Profile
Is the meeting time 12.00 on the stand as usual?

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2014 :  12:03:35  Show Profile
Mike, The Triple-M stand - the first one we have had at Stoneleigh - will be available and staffed throughout the day. We haven't set a firm time for a rendezvous, but I supose 12 noon is as good a time as any ...

There will be two important Triple-M cars on display on the stand, committee members and friends will be in attendance, there is merchandise to purchase, a visitors' message book for requests or to pass messages to anyone you wish to contact etc etc.

We're even bringing along some chairs so the weary ones amongst you will have somewhere to recover.

The stand (Club 8 in Hall 2) will be immediately adjoining the MG Car Club's stand and the Midget Register along with other MG interest in the centre of the main hall.

Now who could possibly resist attending?!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 26/02/2014 12:05:08
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2014 :  14:56:51  Show Profile
It is a long way from the South West, but coming with friends, (T types), so how can I refuse!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2014 :  17:43:53  Show Profile
If I can convince wifey to brave the elements and take my lad to rugby, on Sunday, I shall see you at the stand!

Seems like I joined the forum at a good time...

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000