Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Silverstone race meeting - Now on March 29 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:11:37  Show Profile
'Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party' . A cancellation by one group of racers has meant that the MMM fraternity has been offered a grid at Silverstone on the 30th March , and the 'powers that be' are trying to gauge our response to this offer . Admittedly , this race would not be as important as the MMM race at the main event on the GP circuit on June 21/22 as its only on the Club circuit and is not the big International , but it is a chance for us to show that we can put together a good race and make a spectacle of ourselves. I also have a feeling that we might be judged on this event as to our ability to put together a grid at MG 90 . Whilst I have no doubt that we will have a full grid for the International ( and of pre-war cars , too ) I would ask all the racers amongst us to respond to this with either a 'yes, no or maybe' , either through the medium of this forum or via an E-mail to our Chairman or myself . ( And of course the weather will be fine ! )

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/12/2013 11:33:26

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:18:56  Show Profile
I'm in Fred

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cadman

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:33:17  Show Profile
Me too

Chris
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:33:28  Show Profile
Well done Fred and David

I do hope Fred has enough support to make it an interesting race - would we count in the T types as well? Certainly the TA and TBs are now accepted by the VSCC.

A couple of genuine C types have recently been sold to new UK based owners and maybe they can be persuaded to "come out and play".

Regards

George
Hon Sec

Edited by - George Eagle on 25/11/2013 17:34:13
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:36:18  Show Profile
Well done to Chris, one of the proud new owners of a C type mentioned earlier by me!

Your posting was made whilst I was composing my earlier posting.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 25/11/2013 17:37:02
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  17:44:24  Show Profile
Drat. I'll be back at sea in February and won't be on leave until June.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  19:02:16  Show Profile
I m in!!!

Just making my fuel tank sized novice cross!

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 25/11/2013 19:15:47
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  21:27:58  Show Profile
Fred,

Matt Johnston in the LA, Austin MG PB special, is provisionally interested in both.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2013 :  21:36:46  Show Profile
Great ! Thanks everyone - this is very encouraging , and on the first evening , too . I have heard from the Club Chairman that there are 8 to 10 T-types expressing interest . From that we must deduce that they won't all be TA or TBs running on 18" wheels , but will include a few hot-rods . Never mind, this once . Hopefully there will be a few friends from the VSCC coming along , and not , I trust , with ERAs but with our type of cars . And , of course , we need MMM supporters to come and cheer us on our way .
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  12:51:39  Show Profile
and me.....
Foz
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  17:06:55  Show Profile
Let me add my thanks to Fred for the splendid work he has been doing to drum up interest in this race. We have backing from no less than the Chairman of the main MGCC and elements of the T-Register, both of whom arge very keen to see Triple-M cars on the grid for this and future events.

Contact is also ongoing with the VSCC and we hope to attract some invited cars pre-war cars from that source as well, which will help to build up the grid.

Timing is however very tight, because the MGCC have to decide by this weekend whether to commit to the entire meeting, so if anyone has yet to reply to Fred now would be a good time!

Thanks
Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  09:13:39  Show Profile
Dick,Fred,
Am I being a little cynical, but are they now keen to have our cars on the grid only because another group has pulled out. So we are not first choice again. I hope they remember our efforts when future MMM grids are a few short, and who they were let down by, putting the meeting as a whole at risk !!

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 27/11/2013 09:17:36
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  10:25:54  Show Profile
Duncan Potter is in!

David, perhaps we haven't asked or shown that we could in recent yrs.

Anyway onwards, at least we now have options and an opportunity as Fred says to show that we are still a force!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  11:13:15  Show Profile
David, the vibes I am getting from the top level of the Club is that they really wish do to see us on this grid. There are hopes that another club (non-MG) will participate in another race at this event which will assist further in balancing the books such that the Triple-M grid may still happen even if in the numbers are less than for a full grid - although of course the more the merrier ...

At least we are trying and if we cannot pull it off on this occasion it won't be for lack of effort by all concerned! And we aim to do the same for the main MG90 event at Silverstone in the summer!

Regards
Dick

Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  13:30:23  Show Profile
Stick me down as a maybe then as long as the entry fee isnt a mortgage job!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  14:23:04  Show Profile
Oliver,
I bet its near to £300. I'll look around for a mortgage broker for us all.
Dick,
I do appreciate all the work that is being done behind the scenes, and hope we can all blow some cobwebs away in March the MMM way.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000