Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Silverstone race meeting - Now on March 29 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

andrewmorland

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  18:48:06  Show Profile
Thanks to Fred B for all his work organising the MMM Silverstone Race and for all his advice on how I should drive! It was a very full grid at the beginning of the day!
Special thanks to Foz for lending me the rental RAT despite my lack of experience. My first race, a circuit I didn't know and a precious 'C' Midget that I had only driven 4 miles down the road to get fuel before qualifying. However the RAT is so well balanced and set up that it was predictable and fun to drive at my personal limit of 5600 rpm. I thought of catching Jane in the NBs and having a race but seeing the speed she took off at in the 2nd start I thought better of it, plus Foz is building my L1 engine next! At the end of the day the RAT had only consumed 2 tablespoons of water. The best bit of the race was Mark D passing me when I missed a gear at Maggots, only for Mark to go off at the next corner, Brooklands, and rejoin behind me.
Cheers - Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  20:05:12  Show Profile
So the excuses have started already Andrew. I don't remember you missing a gear, just a sublime move out of maggots to sling shot past you. Not sure about your rev limit... I was at about 9000rpm!!!

The next part is correct...I was so excited at passing the rat I forgot to brake!!

Amazing adventure for my first race...roller coaster of emotions. So glad to hear Hamish is doing well.

Wonderful atmosphere, a real Triple M family. Lets build from here!!

Thanks to all for so much support, encouragement and advice.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  22:58:31  Show Profile
Just found some good footage of us on you tube. Type in "mg Silverstone 2014" should lead you to it. Ps what was secret with the noise test on the orange car -nice to hear at least one of us making a proper noise )))
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1059 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  01:05:04  Show Profile
Rush in late at the scruteneers ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  09:11:53  Show Profile
I just got the full 20min download vid of the race from the guys who posted the clip. Nice little momento!
http://www.vfsvideos.co.uk/

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2014 :  11:25:48  Show Profile
Hamish released from hospital to the care of his sister, Annie, who is a nurse so he will be there for some time trussed like a turkey and not able to do mutch so will probbly have a comms blackout for some time. Cards/letters/etc to....
The Hardwick Vicarage, 20 Church End, Arrington, Royston, Herts, SG8 0BH. future posting will advise when he is well enough for visits....
Foz
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2014 :  12:11:37  Show Profile
Great video - wish I had been there!

Graham

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic