Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2014 :  13:29:16  Show Profile

Greetings all!

At risk of posting in the wrong area (I couldn't see any 'newcomers' thread - so if this is in the wrong place would the mods please move it for me!) I thought it was more than about time I signed up to the forum and announce my arrival here.

I have for some years owned a J2.
It's a long story, but from the chassis-file, I managed to not only trace, but meet up with the car's first owner back in the mid/late 80's.
Among masses of other useful information, he told me there had been a lot of photos of the car but that he only kept it 18 months, and lost confidence in it after breaking the crank, selling it for an SS. All the photos that he had were frustratingly, 'lost' during the war years.

You can imagine my surprise and delight when a few months back I accidentally discovered a photo of the car taken during a trial in 1934, and with the help of some other folks, (You know who you are, and I remain eternally grateful!) managed to pinpoint not just the trial, but the driver, and the exact location the photo was taken.

I have since tracked down the son of the driver, N H Cole, (he is delighted I made contact) and have since turned up yet more interesting information, which in turn is hopefully, about to lead to revealing even more history as well!

Owning this car has been a lesson in detective work and patience, which although time-consuming, has not only been exciting and hugely rewarding, proving that it is possible even after 80 years to discover new information and facts, but has delighted the descendants of it's former owners to know that their father's car has survived.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2014 :  14:47:00  Show Profile
Hi Mark

Welcome to our Triple-M website.

I hope you have registered your car with our Registrar Robin Hamblett. You will no doubt have noted mention of our Triple-M Bulletin - the subscription form can be downloaded from the Documents pages.

The history of your J2 sounds very interesting. We have numerous very knowledgeable trials enthusiasts who may well be able to add to the history of the car.

Best regards

George
Hon Sec.
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000