Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 My M Type Storage
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  20:23:39  Show Profile
I had the M out at the weekend and i have a unique storage system for it takes about 5 minutes to get it out and away

Cheers Pat

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  23:55:48  Show Profile
I'm looking at something similar but with a seperate dolly under each wheel. Ideally the dollies will be profiled to the tyre profile for long-term storage with less frequent need to roatate each tyre.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  01:33:57  Show Profile
Not sure if you can see all the wheels are off the ground to protect the tyres. There are 2 jacks under the front axel and 1 under the diff. only takes a little manovering to centrelise it and up see goes then with a seperate handle i push it accross the floor into her own little space.. easy as.
Cheers pat
Go to Top of Page

MG30

Portugal
12 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  04:03:36  Show Profile
Simply fantastic! As the M.

MG30

Edited by - MG30 on 03/03/2014 04:04:39
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  08:37:25  Show Profile
Mark. If you google CJ Autos you will see that they sell dolleys that are of the type that you are looking for. Their code no. for them is CM03 . They had a sample at Stoneleigh this week-end.
Go to Top of Page

WAAF Winsum

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  09:07:55  Show Profile
Love those built in drip trays. Now why would you need them?! I use 2 of the mobile jacks for the rear of WAAF Winsum and nose her in to place and then swing the tail into position on the jacks.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  11:43:08  Show Profile
The storage system above the car looks good too, especially the contents.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  17:41:04  Show Profile
Thanks for the headsup on CJ Autos, Ray. Those are like the ones I have been eyeing.
I didn't realise all wheels were off the floor with this particular device of Pat's and like it even more with the built in drip-trays!

Perhaps I should think on something along those lines, it would save the small bother of rotating wheels too

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  18:00:36  Show Profile
Thats brilliant!! Great idea.

I feel some what ashamed of my space saving dolley...or trailer!!!

Not to mention your wine collection vs my camping toilet!

Great stuff

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  20:59:26  Show Profile
Good old British cars once the oil stop leaking then its time for a refill. The plastic oil trays that i have had a picture of a MG B on them so i thought some smart bu@@er new about british cars. The wine collection belongs to the wife i only have to store the stuff. When we brought the place i had measured up the recess and thought that the M could have its own space then added the shelf above it. all works great for us. Cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000