Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Body plate plus
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William Cullen

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  20:58:57  Show Profile
Hi All

Advice please in regards to the PA 2 seater body type number which is stamped on the plate with the body number as I can not find the type number in any of the books, I have of course the body number with the history file.

Also does a original PA ash frame have a gap between the body and rear of the rear wing once the rear wing is fitted, as the ash frame supplied by Llianres will have when skinned but I understand that the practice is to fit a tapered fillet of wood and skin over this to fill the gap in. Speaking to Llianres he indicated the gap is original. Should I leave it like this?
Photos would be useful if you can.

Thanks

Bill

Oz34

United Kingdom
2568 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  21:28:19  Show Profile
Hi Bill,

Body type B 251.

As I understand the rear wing, the bottom front corner should be bolted, through a rubber cushioning washer, to the lower rear corner of the body behind the back axle cutout. There is a step in the woodwork near the top & this results in a gap all the way down, The rubber washer maintains that gap.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

William Cullen

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  21:48:22  Show Profile
Hi

Thanks Dave and Brian for info

Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic