Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Irving Bramson
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LewPalmer

USA
3247 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  19:54:57  Show Profile
I'm following up on some information, kindly provided by Allan Bentley, on the history of PB0560, my Airline Coupe. Thus, does anyone know whether Irving Bramson is still alive and reachable? I ask, as he was the person who assisted in locating a replacement body for my Airline Coupe, having apparently found it in his mother's back yard being used as a dog kennel. I would simply like to make contact and hear more of this fascinating story and any other memories of people and companies (e.g. Popperwells of Epping, Essex) involved with some early (1960s) work on my car.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560

MIKEB

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  20:18:12  Show Profile
Hello Lew. Can't offer any info about Irving Bramson, but I do know the company Popplewells (not Popperwellls) Coachworks at Epping, which carried out some work on my Healey 100/4 in the mid 1960s. I think the company still exists, though it moved out of the centre of Epping at some stage to a new property at Thornwood on the outskirts of Epping. This new property itself appears to be up for sale at the moment.
Michael Bangs
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2014 :  09:13:22  Show Profile
I can't very specific about Irving but I believe he was one of the founder members of the Register, but he passed a few years ago. One of the (even) older members may know more...

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2014 :  09:52:02  Show Profile
I can confirm that Irving passed away many years ago - probably something like 30 years or more. As Graham says, he was one of the founder Members of the Register - I think his MMM number was 4 or 5. He was a very nice chap and a great MMM enthusiast.
I also seem to recall that he had a son who might well still be around but I have heard nothing of him for many years.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3247 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2014 :  14:15:01  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. Yes, he along with a few others including Mike Allison, Roger Balsom, among a handful of others were early or founding members. In the Feb 2010 Safety Fast, he is pictured with a few other notables, including Mike Allison. Irving looks quite young in the photo so thought he might still be with us.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000