Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG90
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  16:10:20  Show Profile
It's official - your chairman is inept! In the course of sorting out the MG90 thread so that the racing bit could be in one thread and the time line in another thread, I managed to delete the entire MG90 thread.

Very sorry about this - webwizard Nick may be able to retrieve the situation but whether or not he can, please be assured that contributors have not been deliberately censored!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  17:02:57  Show Profile
Link for the Sprint guys.
http://www.mgcc.co.uk/north-west-centre/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2013/12/Silverstone-14-regulations-and-entry-form-WITH-permit-number.pdf

Look forward to reading something with regard to the MMM race at Silverstone, once you have been in contact with the Race Committee at the club, Dick.
The earlier we know the earlier we can all plan. Here's hoping Nick can retrieve our previous postings.

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 26/04/2014 17:15:28
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  17:21:35  Show Profile
Thanks David

Various useful exchanges earlier today with Ron Gammons. More anon.

Dick
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  17:36:20  Show Profile
How nice to hear that Mr Gammons has a say as to the composition of our grid !!!!!!

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  18:08:06  Show Profile
Dick , I am not too distressed that the previous postings have been deleted , for I have been somewhat rebuked ( not on the forum) for posting the fact that I am not going to enter MG90 , as this may well put other competitors off entering. This was certainly not the intention , and I would implore others to support the event. It is the only chance MMMs have for a drive on the Grand Prix circuit , unless they enter a rather expensive pre-war race series , and it is all part of the show that is MG90 . My decision to not enter was based on the perceived or imagined frailty of my own car on this almost flat-out circuit . Once MG90 is over and done with , then maybe we can have a discussion on the forum about the suitability of various circuits for MMM and the way forward .
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  18:50:43  Show Profile
Unfortunately, my last backup was just before this topic began so I do not have the necessary data. Unfortunately, once a topic is deleted it is gone forever. I will ask the server people if they have a backup I could have.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  19:42:21  Show Profile
For that faux pas, I think that our chairman should be required to serve ten years rather than the usual five.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  10:27:44  Show Profile
Fred being rebuked and accused of putting other people off competing,WHICH IDIOT suggested that??!! Fred has done nothing throughout the time i have competed but encourage me to race at appropriate events for our type of cars and great fun has been had. The fact is the event is not suitable for our cars for various reasons as we have made clear and why most of us have decided(of our own accord)not to race at MG90 .Probably find the person who has made the accusations does not actually compete himself!!?? enough said really
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  13:15:22  Show Profile
Oliverīs comment is 100% spot on. The all important key-words are "race at appropriate events" and "suitable events" - in particular with regard to safety, this should be very much considered.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  13:36:00  Show Profile
I read the now deleted posting and have to say Fred was not discouraging others to enter. He merely said he did not want to cover the longer distance on the Grand Prix circuit at 6500 revs whilst waiting for his 4 year old bottom end to fail.

Cat replied to say the Orange clog would not be entered either - pity.

George
L 2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 27/04/2014 13:51:16
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  18:44:35  Show Profile
Actually I posted my comment before Fred did, so nothing to do with Fred's decision not to race at the GP circuit. The orange clog's decision is in fact based on the grid. Just not good enough.

Though I should of course be patient amd wait until Dick comes back to us with more news from HQ, in the meantime I am not afraid to take this further and suggest the racers and supporters should stand united and not race at all. If this is the Club's best offer, it is simply not good enough and we need to turn our efforts into more viable projects. In my view this one's just not worth it.

Regards,
Cat

P.S. George, I think you will find Fred's bottom end to be six years old, which is still at least 70 years younger than the good man himself of course !
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  19:43:06  Show Profile
Afraid your right((
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  20:19:01  Show Profile
I think a few of us are waiting for something definite to be published , from our Chairmans enquiries or directly from the competition department of the MGCC as to what make up of the grid is proposed. Surely there is no reason for this to be in doubt with the entry opening in the next few days.
It seems to me that Fred declaring his reasons for not entering the MG90 race, together with Mark and the Dutch Clog I seem to remember, is a very responsible thing to do, I think we should all do the same, otherwise you could end up with a grid full of 60's rockets and one MMM unblown 4 cylinder car, the owner of which had not realised that the 2013 situation had not been altered but had in fact been perpetuated. I was under the illusion that as we had put on such a good show in March, and been congratulated for the numbers of racers that entered, that our concerns from last year were being listened to. I thought we were looked on favourably by Dave Saunders, or has his position been usurped .
I hope it is apparent what my decision will be, but I will give the powers that be a few more days to come off the fence before I post my intentions for all to see.
Hope these posts last a bit longer than the last ones.
The MGCC premier race meeting wouldn't be the same without Mr G !!

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2014 :  07:39:40  Show Profile
Some of us are being a bit unreasonable here . For better or worse MGCC premier event - this year MG90 - takes place on the Grand Prix circuit and we have been OFFERED the chance to race. Despite everyones best efforts , we cannot fill a grid for this circuit. With the best will in the world we could not muster more than about 20 MMMs , and if that were to constitute a race on the GP circuit , it would be stultifyingly boring for the spectators . So the grid has to be mixed , and the problem is - with what other group ? The grid has to be filled as best to make it financially viable for both the club and the competitors by way of entry fees. The best amalgamation would be with pre-war cars from the VSCC , but that Club has a race meeting the following weekend and would be loathe to give us an official endorsement because of the risk of losing entries at their own meeting . So running with the T-types and slower 50s sports cars would appear to be the only option , so lets wait and see what MGCC proposes on its entry forms before any talk of 'standing united' and instigating what would be a boycott . As I have said in a previous posting , let us wait until MG90 is over and then have a discussion about the way forward .
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2014 :  09:12:51  Show Profile
Just to clarify, I was advocating not a boycott,but that people declare their intention to race or not, so at least others will know the likely grid balance. Twenty of us and 2 of them is a bit different from 2 of us and twenty of them.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2014 :  23:47:55  Show Profile
I will not be there ...will be in Italy at a Hillclimb...10km of it.....in a prewar class. possibly also enjoying a cold glass of white wine by day and warmer red by night!
Foz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000