Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 11/4" Ammeter
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2014 :  20:58:13  Show Profile
I have PA and a black faced ammeter. Is there a J Type owner with a brown faced ammeter who is willing to do a swap. Very doubtful but worth a try.

Maurice Blakey.

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2014 :  18:10:39  Show Profile
Hi Maurice

I have a reconditioned brown ammeter I purchased from Barry Walker.

Both the J2s the L2s have black faced British Jaeger instruments and I would like one if it is in the same condition as my Brown faced one.

What condition is yours in and is it British Jaeger?

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2014 :  23:33:16  Show Profile
George, Are you sure the ammeter is branded British Jaeger? The only ammeter I've ever seen in a Triple-M car are Lucas ones. The 1-1/2" ones are generally marked CZ13 on the reverse.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2014 :  20:46:37  Show Profile
I had not seen the one I have for some time and hence had forgotten that it is not a direct replacement. It is a Lucas CZ15 which has side illumination windows and a black bezel but does have the domed glass. The bezel could easily be chromed and the bezel moved back.

George, I'm afraid it's condition, although good, is no match for one that is probably as good as new.

As I assume George's is in his car, Could someone who has one out please measure the overall thickness from the front of the bezel to the rear face of the case.

Maurice.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1569 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2014 :  21:12:13  Show Profile
Maurice,
My Chris Clarke reconditioned Lucas brown-faced ammeter marked CZ13 for the PB has depth dimensions:
Bezel face to case rear face 13/16 inch, bezel face to ends of terminals 1 & 7/16 inches.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2014 :  19:26:38  Show Profile
Thankyou Bruce, I will now attempt to convert it to a CZ13 if possible.

Maurice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000