Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Donington
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2014 :  21:39:49  Show Profile
Excellent day at Donington yesterday. Lots of Triple-M cars to see racing. At the end of the Set 3 race, four Triple-M cars finished in close company - Fred Boothby J2, Foz C type (flapping his wings evidently!), Duncan Potter C type and Mark Dolten PB. Also keeping us entertained during the day were Chris Cadman and Oliver Richardson in their C types and Ann Boursot in the McNinch PA.

The morning was rather wet for practice but the rain stopped for the afternoon races, until about 4:15pm, when I set off for home and got caught in the heaviest rain I have ever driven in, in any car let alone in my PA. Quiet an experience. But a very enjoyable day.

Fred's very pretty J2

Peter

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2014 :  09:16:06  Show Profile
What an incredible storm to finish with!!
How ridiculous to haul Ann up before the headmaster for daring to jump the start when she already had a lap handicap. Ann couldn't see the starters flag.when I was racing the starter would walk up the grid waving each group off individually.Health and Safety won't now allow that !!
I blame the chief mechanic for not raising her seat cushion adequately and keeping the aeroscreen clean.
Tony
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2014 :  09:19:24  Show Profile
It was a cracking meeting. Great fun in the Set 3 race to have the four MG's thrashing around together.

I think about 50% of the grid jumped the start, apart from Duncan who I think was reversing into his grid box when the flag dropped!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  19:09:13  Show Profile
Peter, Annie liked your picture of Fred's 'very pretty' car but is distressed that you failed to mention her 'very pretty' legs which appear in the background....!

These racing drivers - right little divas!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  19:14:53  Show Profile
Hamish

My apologies to Annie. I promise to focus my camera on her legs next time even if it results in Fred's car being out of focus.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000