Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Richard Proctor
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2014 :  11:09:13  Show Profile
Does anyone out there have contact details for Richard Proctor, who owns PB0330 ? For the benefit of any Data Protection Act enforcement officers reading this, no, he doesn't owe me any money. I simply met up with a former owner of PB0330 a few months ago, and this chap, James Armstrong Evans would like to make contact with the current owner of his old car.

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 01/11/2014 11:10:17

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2014 :  11:23:49  Show Profile
Colin,

Are you talking about Richard Procter the car dealer? If so I can give you some contact details.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  10:12:15  Show Profile
Peter,

I don't know. The name appears in the current Register under chassis number PB0330 - but the spelling is "or" not "er". Graham has no address details on his files.

I'll leave it for another couple of weeks to see whether anyone else has any ides, but if not, I will contact you again for more details.

Many thanks,

Colin.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  16:05:21  Show Profile
Colin,

I have just looked in the Register Listing and I see that Richard Proctor is listed as having owned the car from 1983 in which case it is not the Richard Procter I know.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  10:22:38  Show Profile
Thanks Peter. If I get no further response, I will get on to Main Club to see whether they can help. They probably won't give me a contact address, but they might invite James Evans to write to them so that they can pass the letter on.
We will see.

Incidentally, I was in touch with the VSCC Office recently to obtain similar information on a chap who was racing at Castle Combe last month in the VSCC race. They were very reluctant to give me the information over the phone despite the fact that I have been a VSCC Member for more years than I care to remember, and that the they publish a full Directory every few years quoting names, addresses, phone numbers, bust sizes and other vital information. That rather suggests that the dreaded Data Protection Virus has now spread to Chipping Norton. However they passed my contact details to the Member concerned, and we are now in touch. Job done.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  12:15:16  Show Profile
Colin. I too have been a member of the VSCC for a number of years & do have a copy of their Directory (List of members & their addresses etc) but I have yet to find detail of ''bust sizes & other vital information''. Could you please direct me to the appropriate section; or maybe you have a special version , perhaps available only by special request. I do like to keep abreast of the information from TOPO but have so far not come across these particular statistics. Assuming you have not boobed on this entry I await with baited breath to hear from you. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  11:24:28  Show Profile
Ray, You have caught me out. I felt that as this forum is restricted to those in the bosom of the MMM family, my flippant remark might just raise the odd titter or even a pair of titters.

In the circumstances perhaps I should rush off to nipple on a plate of humble pie.

Best wishes,

Coin B.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  14:02:32  Show Profile
Colin. As well as the humble pie I think you should put some bromide in your tea ( in-joke for those who did National Service) or take a cold shower. All this titillation is not good at your age !. Ray.
P.S. Talking of age, my PA was 80 years old on 29th October , just six weeks after me .
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  17:22:17  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice Ray. I will bear it in mind when I reach your advance years. I am a mere sripling of 78 ! Actually, come to think of it, I have already had my cold shower for this week. On Tuesday I took the PA up to our lunchtime meeting at Mattingley Green - after consulting the weather forecast, which told me that it was going to be sunny all day. It was wrong. On making the return journey (another 60 miles), I ran into torrential rain at Selborne which forced me to shelter under my umbrella in a lay-by for ten minutes. When the rain eased, I started off again but I kept catching the rain up and had to shelter on two more occasions - by which time it was pitch dark. The combination of pouring rain, darkness and a never ending stream of home-going traffic on the opposite lane, made the whole experience less than thrilling. If I get much more of this I will have to consider buying an Austin Ruby. No, no, I am only joking. But a hood for the PA might be considered
a wise move.
Colin.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  22:20:30  Show Profile
Colin. That really was a bad journey for you !. I got caught in a cloud burst a couple of years ago. On a main road with nowhere to stop. It was only about two miles before I could stop but in that time I was soaked through & could'nt see where I was going.
Drying out the inside of the car afterwards was a major operation.
Motto : never believe weather forecasts. Ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000