Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PB block number 1000 / 199PB
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Hentschel

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  02:27:38  Show Profile
Can anyone shed light on a PB block stamped with number 1000 / 199PB? This was not the original block. It was apparently a replacement. Photo attached. The 199 may be similar to the 199 coding used for PB gearboxes.

The gearbox on this engine is stamped 930 / 199.

[Peter]

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  20:11:22  Show Profile
199 is the correct code for a two breather block. Engine no. 1000AP was in the last PB produced, so it could be from that car. There should be other identifying numbers on the front and (I think) rear housings, if they match it would confirm that as the original engine number.

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Peter Hentschel

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  22:19:18  Show Profile
however, that number does not match with the engine number given on the brass plaque which was 849 APB

[Peter]
Go to Top of Page

Peter Hentschel

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  22:20:21  Show Profile
where would the other numbers be found on adjacent parts?

[Peter]
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  09:03:33  Show Profile
There should be a number stamped on the front housing to the front, driver side, just below the dynamo mounting. Not sure where others are, sorry, I have never found them but I am told there should be one on the flywheel too. Thinking about the original assembly and manufacture process the parts would need to be identified
to keep them together after machining.

The guarantee plate is no guide as engines are swapped around and of course if original the plate remains the same!

If you don't already know, you can get your car's original chassis files from John Inness at the MGCC for a small fee, and that should give you the serial numbers of your original components.

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Peter Hentschel

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  14:29:32  Show Profile
Thanks Graham: I have contacted John about the chassis files. Hope that will help. There is a number stamped on the front housing (305) but that doesn't match either the plate or the block number. I will check the flywheel.

[Peter]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000