Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2015
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2014 :  17:20:29  Show Profile
I hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to 2015. I would like to warmly invite the MMM Register and owners to join us again in 2015.

The website (www.prewarprescott.com) has been updated for 2015, and online entry is open.

2015 will be our fifth running of PWP, and so possibly our first milestone! The theme for the day will be the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and we are planning a number of themed activities and displays (ground and air), as well as a Battle of Britain Victory Party on the hill in the evening. We're also planning more sunshine and less tempest this time!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

With kindest regards to one and all,

Ian Grace
vintageminor-at-gmail.com

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  17:26:47  Show Profile
Quick update. Nine MMM entries received to date out of a total of 54 entries so far - not bad for early March. Just over 100 climbs spoken for, so things are filling up. We wxpect to hit the magic 200 entries this year. Looks like it is going to be another great day and a great weekend.
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  18:56:44  Show Profile
Hi ian how much is it to have a traders stall cheers greg
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  19:24:51  Show Profile
Looking forward to it!
Driving up in a post war midget but can't wait to enjoy the action and take part in the drive on Sunday

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  20:18:32  Show Profile
Greg,

Depends on the stall - shoot me an e-mail at vintageminor-at-gmail.com. Will be happy to oblige.

Onno, are you one of the Dutch MG contingent coming over? Exactly what type is your post-war Midget? We do sneak in the odd TD/TF. The great thing about PWP is that the red tape and regs are kept to the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM. The other great thing is that I run it so I can make the rules, such as they are, up as I go along! Rule 1 is that everyone must have a FUN day!
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  20:44:40  Show Profile
Yes part of them.
Mine is a1966 one so sneaking that past might be a bit hard.
No problem though as I'll hope to enjoy a passenger ride or 2 and love to experiance the event.

When my pre war midget is finished I might repeat ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2015 :  20:48:36  Show Profile
Ian, are the noise police present at this event as they are at other do's at Prescott??
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2015 :  22:10:57  Show Profile
Greg,

I should have added that, as the MMM Register is one of the PWP participating clubs/registers, then any MMM members' trade stands related to MMM items can be set up alongside the MMM lineup at no charge. It's your bit of real estate to do anything (within reason!) that you want to do as part of your club's gathering. So if you are thinking of bringing along primarily MMM spares, then there would be no charge for stand space. However, if you are selling personal stuff mostly unrelated to MMM, then I'd put you at the bottom of the paddock with the other general traders and there would be a charge. Hope that makes sense!

Re noise, here's what the PWP regs (which we get from the BOC) say about vehicles entered:

"Any type of vehicle can be used as long as it is road legal and insured by the owner of the vehicle. All vehicles should not exceed a noise level of 100 dB. Vehicles which do not have a standard exhaust system may be tested if found to generate excessive noise. Vehicles which exceed 100 dB will be excluded from the event and refunds cannot be offered."

Having said that, we've never had a vehicle tested in the four years the event has been running.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2015 :  22:11:16  Show Profile
Nope! All done in the best possible taste......

JH
Go to Top of Page

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2015 :  12:09:04  Show Profile
Hi,

Looking forward, with some trepidation as we are novices at this sort of event, to our first ever PWP! Hopefully by then Andy King will have fitted our blower which should help us on the hills.

Keith Gosden
PA 0909 - 4 seat tourer
Register No. 0742
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2015 :  10:08:44  Show Profile
No trepidation needed at all Keith. This is a complete fun day, and you drive within the parameters of your own confidence. It is no different to driving up any one of dozens of lovely little winding hill-roads of which there are many in this magnificent little island of ours. The only difference is that you can be sure that you won't meet anyone coming the other way !

Best wishes

Colin B.

PS Onno. If you ask nicely, you can have a ride up the hill with me in my PA.
Go to Top of Page

Keith Gosden

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2015 :  13:56:19  Show Profile
Cheers Colin - I will take you up on that so I can see how the 'experts' drive!

Keith Gosden
PA 0909 - 4 seat tourer
Register No. 0742
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2015 :  17:53:36  Show Profile
Colin
Then I sureley will!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2015 :  10:13:17  Show Profile
O.K. Keith and Onno. That fills up the passenger seat for two of my five trips up the hill. All I need now is for three pert little blondes, brunettes or even red-heads (preferably females) to step forward, and my day will be complete.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2015 :  21:31:43  Show Profile
My wife sure won't mind a trip up the hill and she wil weigh the P down a lot less than me ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2015 :  10:08:04  Show Profile
Mrs Onno is welcome to have a ride up the hill - provided only that she is prettier than you.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000