Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2015
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2015 :  18:57:30  Show Profile
Yes I married "up" ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  23:59:13  Show Profile
Onno,

I received your entry today - along with seven others from the Dutch MG Workshop! Two J2's a P Type and an M 12/12 rep. Plus four post-war MG's all booked in for both days. It's going to be a very MG weekend! I think that's 18 MMM's booked in so far, and its only April.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  18:17:24  Show Profile
So Ollie was asking on the previous page about noise restrictions at Prescott. I just e-mailed Ian Patton at Prescott on another matter this morning and received this from Stuart Webster just now:

"You will probably be aware that Ian Patton has recently left the business and that I have now taken over as General Manager of the [Bugatti Owners] Club. When you get a few minutes I would appreciate a brief conversation with you regarding noise at Prescott. We have introduced stringent noise rules in an attempt to combat increasingly noisy vehicles across all of our events. This applies to corporate days such as yours too. Please call me on the office number when you get the chance and I will explain the detail."

Don't think I'll be calling from Seattle, but I will e-mail Stuart and post his response here. I didn't know that Ian had left Prescott either. Stuart might be a very nice chap, but the loss of Ian Patton is a great pity.

Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  18:24:25  Show Profile
Odd how they said 100db when I thought most speed events including Vscc Prescott was 105db. Amusing how you can drive the car there (through surrounding villages no probs ) then have to put an extra silencer on-))
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  18:34:30  Show Profile
I think the BOC has been nervous about noise for some time, as they are threatened by a member of the Hambro banking family who lives on the opposite hill and who would like to see the place closed. This is also why the number of active days at the hill each year is strictly limited. We were very grateful in 2011 when Ian Patton squeezed us in by removing one of the training days from the calendar.

As soon as I get word back from Stuart I'll pass it on here.
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  18:43:49  Show Profile
Be banning steam trains at toddington railway from blowing their whistles soon then I suppose. How long have this banking family lived there I ask?? They knew the hill was there when they bought the house! Like people who move to the country then moan about cockerels doing their song in the morning.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  19:06:37  Show Profile
Indeed! And can we shut those bloody sheep up?

Here's the reply just in...

"A little impractical to deal over the phone then Ian!

The new for 2015 noise regulations have been drawn up with a competitive event in mind. In summary at a corporate event there will be no testing, either static or drive-by. Instead we will judge noise “by ear”. The Bugatti Director on site responsible for the event will deal direct with his/her equivalent from your side. Any offending vehicles will be warned that they are, in our opinion over noisy. If by our judgment they “offend” a second time your person in charge will be asked to ensure that they do not run again. Any unnecessary noise from revving an engine in the paddock or down the return road will be dealt with in a similar way. It is probably worth mentioning this in your final instructions.

I don’t imagine that this will be an issue at your event. As I stated before though we are treating all corporate events in the same way.

I hope that this clarifies things a little. If not please email me back."

Doesn't sound too draconian - seems like no change from the past for us, and as I said earlier, we've never had a noise issue at PWP.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  19:10:04  Show Profile
Just checked the Regs page of our past PWP Programmes, which I originally got from the BOC some years ago. It reads:

"Any type of vehicle can be used as long as it is road legal and insured by the owner of the vehicle. All vehicles should not exceed a noise level of 100 dB. Vehicles which do not have a standard exhaust system may be tested if found to generate excessive noise. Vehicles which exceed 100 dB will be excluded from the event and refunds cannot be offered."
Go to Top of Page

graham3647

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  20:03:23  Show Profile
I would love to take my newly acquired J2 up Prescott Hill, Ive never done this stuff before and I'm still crunching the gears but would love to try it out.

How do I go about it? Let me know.

Graham Carpenter.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  20:08:49  Show Profile
Graham,

Just go to www.prewarprescott.com and you can either enter online or download an entry form and do it the old fashioned way. E-mail me with any questions!

(And do it QUIETLY!)

Ian

Edited by - Ian Grace on 07/04/2015 20:09:37
Go to Top of Page

graham3647

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  20:56:07  Show Profile
Hello Ian, thanks for that. I will book online.

We do things 'Quietly ' in Hereford.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  21:40:55  Show Profile
Entry received - all booked in. What's your registration no.? (You ordered one climb, but will get two - one free one with every entry!)

Edited by - Ian Grace on 07/04/2015 21:46:59
Go to Top of Page

graham3647

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  22:04:35  Show Profile
Hello Ian, reg no OC3816. J2.

Graham Carpenter.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  22:58:30  Show Profile
Thanks Graham. See you in July!
Go to Top of Page

graham3647

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2015 :  16:53:03  Show Profile
Thanks Ian, let me know if I need anything special.

I look forward to meeting you in July.Thanks again for your help.

Graham.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000