Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2015
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  22:01:20  Show Profile
Hi Onno,

Yes, he has booked both his cars in. He's also bringing two moderns because he has the D Group marquee and also a large autojumble marquee (and contents!) he's bringing.

Cat gave me you guys' travel plans this morning. Greatly looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the Dutch raiders on Friday evening!
Go to Top of Page

Rainier

Netherlands
160 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  11:44:51  Show Profile
As one of the Dutchies, I am looking forward to meet the triple-m owners at prescott. I won't be joining with the PA, it still needs some attention before it can go on a journey like this, but I am very happy to say that it is running and very capable of driving around the city.

Whoever is at prescott this weekend, I hope to meet you there!

Rainier
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  12:14:48  Show Profile
Great turn out. Pretty good Saturday showing across this and Oulton Park!! Nearly 50 triple Ms!!

Look forward to seeing the photos.

My sister will be driving the PA up the hill for the first time! Good luck Lex

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:28:00  Show Profile
I hear it was a cracking day at Prescott on Sat. Great to See Dad and Lex out on the hill in the PA!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:51:22  Show Profile
This looks a lot of fun, and would of gone along if it wasn't for VSCC Oulton Park

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  20:23:15  Show Profile
Thanks to Ian Grace for a great weekend! Huge fun for me, including five runs up the hill (must bring a stopwatch next time!). I enjoyed meeting some Triple M folks who had previously only been names on this forum to me, as well as seeing some old friends.

We need photos of Cat and the Dutch gang in their fantastic period dress (great to meet you all)!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Rainier

Netherlands
160 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2015 :  20:51:21  Show Profile
It was great fun. Thank you Ian Grace for arranging everything and from such a remote place, Seattle is some miles off...
Also, it was good to meet some triple-m folks. Hope to see you more often in the future!

Rainier
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2015 :  15:12:56  Show Profile
Cracking indeed! What a fab event! Many thanks to you and your family for putting on such a great show, Ian!

In contrast to this picture where I am doing I know not what (my parents did teach me not to point ...), it was lovely to finally meet you, Colin ;-)

Cheers,
Cat
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2015 :  15:29:52  Show Profile
Here's some more:

Colin McL at speed! Clearly too fast for my phone ...

Colin B queuing up.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2015 :  15:25:34  Show Profile
Thanks Cat, great pictures. It was good to meet you and so many others.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2015 :  13:45:58  Show Profile
Just back in Seattle after a good but long flight home. All over for another year bar the jetlag and a myriad of wash-up odds and ends before it all starts again.

What a fantastic MMM turnout! Not sure of the final numbers - that will have to wait for photographic analysis, but we had well over 150 cars of all marques in the Paddock, and even the weather gods smiled on us. The arrival of the Hurricane mid-afternoon surprised us all. It turned out that the RIAT display was over-running so they couldn't release the Hurricane to us at 5-30, so when it did its display mid-afternoon, the pilot diverted in to Gloucester/Staverton from where he called me. And he flew over Prescott on the way to recce the display line and take a look at the proceedings from above - a real bonus for those who couldn't stay for the evening display. I had a personal bonus on Tuesday when I visited Peter Vacher to pick up his autographed books. While I was at his house, the Hurricane arrived home on his strip behind the house, but before landing, did a full display for Peter and I. What a privilege!

Anyway, I want to send a HUGE thank you to all who attended, commiserations to those who were unable to join us and I can't wait to do it all again next year! I'll upload some pics shortly.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2015 :  13:54:47  Show Profile
Ian,

Y'know, I've just realised what's missing from behind our house - a landing strip for a Hurricane (plus, of course, a Hurricane to go with it!). Talk about how the other half live, eh?

Looking forward to next year.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2015 :  15:41:47  Show Profile
Peter watching his Hurricane return home.

Go to Top of Page

Rainier

Netherlands
160 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  14:36:09  Show Profile
Below is a link to some footage I shot during Pre-war Prescott 2015. I pose to be indiscriminate when filming such wonderful cars coming up the hill, but when I checked it on my computer I found I must have turned a blind eye to all cars except MG's

https://vimeo.com/135452536

Next time, Ian, I will also take some footage of the lovely Minors that were present that day!

Rainier
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  06:08:00  Show Profile
Is it a trick of the lense, or do the wheels of BGH 295 seem to have negative camber.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000