Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Oulton Park Race Meeting - team race
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  19:36:23  Show Profile
On the 18th July VSCC are putting on a race meeting at Oulton Park , and one of the events is the team race , a sort of relay event , where teams of three cars do a 30 minute run each , handing over the 'baton' to release the next team car. For the past 6 years MMM have always had a couple of teams running , and have come pretty close to winning the thing on a couple of occassions. This year it was my intention to enter three teams - 'C types' , 6 cylinders , and 'no-hopers' ! Unfortunately a couple of competitors have had to drop out , leaving me with one 6 cylinder short , and one other to join the 'no-hopers' team. Please can I ask anyone ( with a racing licence ! ) who is idle on that day to volunteer and save the day - or the ignominy of having a Riley or the like imposed on the teams ? Also , could I appeal to all the MMM fraternity in the area to come along and lend support . It will be an excellent day .

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  19:49:57  Show Profile
I can only endorse what Fred has said about coming along & supporting both the Triple-M teams & the VSCC.
Oulton Park is one of , if not the , best circuits in the UK & the VSCC need all the support they can get both from race entrants & spectators through the gate. If this meeting , which I understand , is at the instigation of circuit owner Jonathan Palmer is not a (financial) success then it is most unlikely that the Club will be asked again. Should that happen then the opportunity for pre-war & just post-war cars to run on this proper road circuit will be lost.The Seaman Trophy meetings of years ago were a great success & it would be fantastic if a long run of VSCC events at Oulton Park could be re-established . Please support Fred in making up his teams & support the VSCC at this great circuit.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  21:07:37  Show Profile
I will be there as a spectator to support the race competitors. This is a two day event with racing on the Saturday and 'club' events on the Sunday. My B&B for the Saturday evening has been booked for some time.

As Ray states this is an excellent circuit with a great atmosphere. I can remember going to VSCC events there in my A7 special in the 1950s.

An event which is worthy of your support either competing or spectating.

Peter

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2015 :  05:52:22  Show Profile
I really look forward to seeing this :)

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2015 :  12:04:00  Show Profile
Late change of plans for me means I can come and play. Might be too late to get into the elite relay teams but will be out in set 3. See ya there.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2015 :  12:26:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

Late change of plans for me means I can come and play. Might be too late to get into the elite relay teams but will be out in set 3. See ya there.

Mark Dolton

That's good news Mark
Fingers crossed for the relay entry

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  11:03:53  Show Profile
I've managed to get a day off work (provisionally) so I hope to be there spectating.
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  16:18:45  Show Profile
Andrew , if you have managed to get a day of work , can you spend it competing ? We need one more for team three ; and of course the best way to watch a motor race is to take part in a slow car !
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  18:58:25  Show Profile
Fred, I wish I could but my licence and helmet etc are at home and there is still a chance that I might not get the day off. We are trying to get the ship ready for sea trials on the 20th so everything may change. I've been told to remain rigidly flexible...
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  11:21:27  Show Profile
Looking forward to Saturday :)

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  12:18:53  Show Profile
look forward to seeing you Colin. 10 MGs out and about in various races, including the 2 teams for the relay. 20 team entry so it's going to be a very busy pit lane. Tom Hardman will be taking the Bellevue for its first race action in many a year. Both Harry and Mike Painter are out in their two racers as well.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  16:06:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

look forward to seeing you Colin. 10 MGs out and about in various races, including the 2 teams for the relay. 20 team entry so it's going to be a very busy pit lane. Tom Hardman will be taking the Bellevue for its first race action in many a year. Both Harry and Mike Painter are out in their two racers as well.

Mark Dolton

That sounds really good Mark

I hope there are many spectators to enjoy the show that you all put on

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  10:22:45  Show Profile
More great images from Colin Murrell. Great day out!
Shame PB misbehaved...electrics

Fred Boothby J2

Anne Boursot PA

Charles Jones L

Andrew Morland L

Duncan Potter C

Hamish PA

Harry Painter P Special

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  10:25:39  Show Profile
And some More!!!

Tom Hardman Bellevue

Mike Painter Kayne Special

Me! Now very well practised in Hand Raised Pit Entries!

Thanks again Colin just Brilliant!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

MIKEB

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:17:23  Show Profile
Wonderful gathering of MGs in the car parks as well as on the track. But what a thrill to see the Bellevue in action. A great day out. Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:21:32  Show Profile
Caption Competition?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly