Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Who going to the summer gathering?!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KR200

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  10:13:16  Show Profile
I noticed there's a meet this Sunday.

Just wanted to see who's intending on going.

Perry

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  19:31:48  Show Profile
Keith & Wendy Wallace should be there.
With a few items for the "parts table".

Edited by - Keith Wallace on 14/07/2015 19:34:12
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  20:25:10  Show Profile

Although the closing date for entering has just passed I will accept entries, via e-mail ( p.green@mgk3.co.uk ), up until 10.00pm tomorrow (Wednesday) as no food or drink has been purchased yet. As Keith has mentioned there will be a 'Bring and Buy' stall this year so now is your chance to dispose of the parts and motoring memorabilia you no longer require.

So far just under 100 people have entered.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  22:57:47  Show Profile
Well done Peter. Have a great weekend. Sorry again that we have missed a great day out as we are up playing in Chester!
Another bumper entry...what a busy weekend!!!!
Have a great day everyone!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  19:37:42  Show Profile
I will be there, I will be wearing a Union Jack in my pocket. See you Sunday.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  19:55:18  Show Profile
I will be attending on sunday so feel free to bring me any patterns for trim panels etc. To take away and make for you.
I will be bringing stuff with me if any mmm owners would kindly let me take an outline pattern of their carpet set and photos. We have originals but they are not complete and in a rotent, well they are 80+ years old.

James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  15:15:02  Show Profile
Looking forward to coming to my first one, from the Herts/Essex border.Fascinating to look at other cars. Certainly looks a magnificent venue from the photos.Most kind of Peter to put it all on for us.
Hope to meet some of you there on Sunday.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page

KR200

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2015 :  09:15:19  Show Profile
Has anyone got the exact location please postcode wise.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2015 :  10:16:00  Show Profile
Hello Perry,

Did you not receive the e-mail I sent you on Thursday morning? If not please get in touch via e-mail or phone - p.green@mgk3.co.uk or 07809 643468.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2015 :  10:52:15  Show Profile
Perry:

Peter Green's address and contact details are at:
http://www.triple-mregister.org/contacts.asp

But in summary:
Technical Advisor

Peter Green
Greenacres,
Purton Lane,
Farnham Royal, Bucks. SL2 3LY tel: 01753 643468
mobile: 07809 643468
p.green@mgk3.co.uk

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

KR200

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2015 :  11:58:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Green

Hello Perry,

Did you not receive the e-mail I sent you on Thursday morning? If not please get in touch via e-mail or phone - p.green@mgk3.co.uk or 07809 643468.

Peter

Thanks for the details Dick.

Peter,

No the email doesn't seem to have arrived and I've checked my spam folder.

No matter I have the info now.

So all being well will see all comrades tomorrow.

Rgds

Perry
Go to Top of Page

KR200

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2015 :  20:10:27  Show Profile
Well everybody it was a very agreeable event.

I met some truly welcoming and great people.

The food was exceptional so a massive thanks to Peter for putting on such a cracking spread. I didn't expect strawberries and cream I tell thee! very luxurious!

It was the first time I'd ventured out on a proper fastish run so didn't know what to expect oil pressure and water temp wise. Would it all go horribly wrong under duress?!! I have great faith in my C.Tieche J2 but it was rebuilt 36 years ago so anything could have happened. Well I can confirm it runs fine and the water temp floated around 85-95 at speed (max 50mph although it has a Phoenix crank - I'm happy to let the world go by and they seem happiest at 50). It was also refreshing to see the ammeter showing a charge at decent speeds!

On the way home I enjoyed a spot of luck. I did not use the M40 on the way in and branched NW on the old A40 to then head south to Peters. I wanted to employ this route on the way home but the M40 was closed heading West which caused some traffic at the junction and heading North. I had no choice but to go on the M40 and trundled along merrily surveying a hideous tailback. Poor sods! Then a few miles later a car was burnt out on the Westbound causing more misery for drivers on the other side and another monstrous tailback.

I encountered no traffic and got off the A40 at Little Venice/Paddington slip to get home to Notting Hill.

Next job is relining the shoes as my brakes are substandard. My brake lights also come on when much pressure is applied so that needs looking at too!

Enjoy your MG's boys and girls!

Edited by - KR200 on 19/07/2015 20:11:27
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2015 :  20:41:02  Show Profile
Many thanks for your posting, Perry. It was good to meet you and chat about your new acquisition of which you are justly proud.

I'm sure your comments about the summer gathering will be echoed by everybody else who was there. As usual Peter ran the operation with benign but military precision and we must all be grateful to him and for his family members – including perhaps a few adoptees – for all the hard work that went into making this such a happy and successful event. Roll on next year!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:26:24  Show Profile
May I also add my congratulations to Peter and his family, such a wonderful experience and how they managed to order such a beautiful warm sunny day is beyond me......divine intervention maybe ?

Also to meet so many enthusiasts whom I have corresponded with yet have not met, the help with information and the opportunity to view so many beautiful MGs, my photographic library has increased no end and also to meet with enthusiasts local to me, exchange of details etc. Thanks.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  11:45:09  Show Profile
I have posted a few pictures of the event in the 'Pictures' section of the website. There were contributed by Richard Hilton and John Emmett - thanks chaps!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2015 :  13:47:18  Show Profile
My first visit.Having only bought my car this spring.
What a magnificent day Peter. Many thanks indeed to you and all your brilliant family of organisers. Wonderful venue, beautiful spot, very well run, far exceeded what we imagined it might be.

Very well done to all.

With all our grateful thanks.
Fellow J1 owner John Emmett's photo below of Christine Hood accepting the prize for the identification of the female sports personalities quiz, from Host Peter Green and his 3 generation family of brilliantly efficient helpers.

Richard Hinton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000