Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 DVLA registration
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reinout

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2015 :  04:21:59  Show Profile
I looked up the registration of Emma, my '31 M and noticed that it is listed as 865 cc. Out of curiosity I typed in several other M type license plate numbers, from old photos, and noticed two things. First only very few come up on the DVLA website. Even most numbers of original factory cars and period original photos are unknown. And then, when they came up, most were listed as 885 cc, very few as 847 cc and one was even listed as 0 cc.

Is there any reason why so few show up at all, and then show the wrong engine capacity?

Thanks and MGreetings,
Reinout

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2015 :  10:41:15  Show Profile
I can't say why, but my P type was recorded at a similar capacity until I corrected the DVLA, I think 865cc from memory. I assume just a clerical error but why it should be repeated I don't know...

Graham

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2015 :  17:12:39  Show Profile
One possible reason Reinout for the no shows is the "make" description. I put in my post war MGs as "MG" and both came up. When I tried my PA as "MG" DVLA seemed to know nothing about it even though they had issued a tax disc for her.

I called Swansea and a very helpful girl told me I had to put in the make EXACTLY as it was printed on the V5 so I tried it; "MGPtype". Sure enough they then knew all about the car. Unfortunately having no V5s for your random selection of cars that won't help you, but you could if you really wanted to try MGMtype or something similar.

UK members who cannot find their cars may well find that this is why.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000