Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 SU Carb
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  13:19:35  Show Profile
I have a belt driven Marshal to fit on the PA.
I have a bronze bodied 1 3/8" carb with an over flange dimension of 173mm,placing the entry flange too near the bulkhead.
The 1 1/2"Aly bodied carb on the PB is 123mm,giving an extra 2" of space,much shorter.
Has anyone got an 1 3/8",or 1 1/2" SU aluminium carb with short overflange length.
I believe these carbs were fitted to the 1500CC Morris engines during the 1950's.
Thanks Tony

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2015 :  13:34:43  Show Profile
I think you'll find the HS4 fitted to MGBs has a short body...
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2015 :  13:54:59  Show Profile
Tony,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'over flange' length. Do you mean the length from the outside face of the inlet to the inside face of the mounting flange? In other words, the overall length of the carb body? I will look though my spares to see what I can find. I also assume that just a bare body would be OK as you can transfer all the other bits from the one you have?

H
Go to Top of Page

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2015 :  19:17:42  Show Profile
Thanks Hamish,
Yr right ,overall length of carb body needs to be short, however I need the body ,chimney and dashpot. Wouldn't break up my lovely bronze bodied job that came all the way from Australia!
Thats earmarked for another front mounted blower kit.
If I give Mark a great big blower I can always nick his current carb,not a bad solution.Tony
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000