Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 MG info wanted
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shirley

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  14:34:10  Show Profile
My mother had an MG during the 2nd World War in England. From the pictures I suspect that this might be a K1 Pillarless Saloon. Can anyone provide any information of the history or whereabouts of this car?

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  15:42:17  Show Profile
Shirley,

The car is in fact a KN Pillarless Saloon Chassis Number KN0388. Unfortunately the Register has no record of the whereabouts of the car, I suspect it does not survive.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Shirley

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  20:05:41  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the information on this car - Norman Ewing said you'd be able to help me. From reading my Mom's diary, I know she loved driving this car and had great fun with it, what 18yr old wouldn't. She actually used this car to obtain her driver's licence.
What a pity that it doesn't seem to have survived.

Shirley
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2016 :  12:37:26  Show Profile
Shirley, thanks for your postings and ditto to Peter for his input.

I have sent you an e-mail via the forum messaging system - if you don't receive it, could you please contact me - details are on the contacts tab.

Thanks.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2016 :  13:24:01  Show Profile
Shirley, as KN0388 does not appear to have survived, I can send photos of my restored KN0389, AVB124, which was on the assembly line directly after your Mom's KN0388. If interested, send me an email and I will send some detail photos of KN0389 restored to original 4 door pillarless condition.
If any reader has any early history of KN0389, AVB124, I would like to know any details. KN0389 was owned in the UK by a USA air force Sgt. S.H Hernandez in 1968. KN0389 was then imported on California in 1969.
Thanks for any response and details.
Bob, Canada

Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2009 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2016 :  20:52:00  Show Profile
Bob,I can't let the opportunity to pass without saying what a fantastic car you have there and the right colour too!

I have always had a soft spot for the closed MG prewar models,thanks for sharing your photograph with us.
Cheers, Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000