Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Photograph of PA WV5316
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2020 :  12:41:06  Show Profile
I have been sorting through my MG photographs and found this picture of PA 4 seater registration WV 5316. Not sure where it came from, but could be from the time when I was Registrar or Editor of the Year Book.

The current Register says it is Triple M number 177 (an early member of the Register) chassis PA0793 and is now owned by Shozaburo Nakamura in Japan. If Shozaburo gets in touch or may Dick Morbey can facilitate, I am happy to send him the photo.
John R

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2020 :  13:56:49  Show Profile
John; if you also trip over photos of J3 3772 which you one time owned and is now in my care, and which many years ago you intended to dig out and send over.

Did you find them?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2020 :  14:23:10  Show Profile
Ian, I’ll find my early album where I think there are two or three J3 photos taken at my parents’s house around 55 years ago. I didn’t have a camera then and I remember my father took them with his pre-war Zeiss Ikonta and we developed/printed them in the bathroom!
Will contact you off-line.
John R
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2020 :  14:40:14  Show Profile
Thanks John. A charming picture - I've approached our contact in Japan (Mr.Kenji Matsuoka) to see whether we can find more information about this owner and the car.

Coincidentally this 4-seater car was owned from 1961-1973 by by Colin Gooding, a very good friend of mine, sadly now deceased. He had many a tale to tell about the larks he got up to on this car, which as a 4-seater, was better suited to such larks than any 2-seater..

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 26/12/2020 15:53:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000