Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 ANE 641
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  19:55:00  Show Profile
There is an album of photos featuring this car in Lawrence's sale next Tuesday

Lot 132.

https://www.lawrences.co.uk/sales/fine-art-sales/fc250521/?p=1&s=40&v=list&q=132

The car does not appear in my copy of the register which is a pity, what a find for the owner.

Should the club show an interest? Many, many photos of the car trialling and a few other cars as well...

Best wishes

P

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2021 :  10:25:24  Show Profile
I think that ANE641 was originally allocated to PA0562 which was last heard of living in Japan.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2021 :  13:47:45  Show Profile
Colin,

Your reference to PA0562 may have been a typo on your part, because PA0562 has BPE 400.

ANE 641 goes with PA0582.

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2021 :  11:44:37  Show Profile
Does the club collect material like this?

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2021 :  12:41:07  Show Profile
John is correct and yes, Peter, the Register has this info in our database

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  10:05:23  Show Profile
Thank you John, for putting me right. It wasn't a typo, but my data sheet had a mark on it which made 582 look like 562. I have now corrected my notes.

Cheers, Colin.

Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  14:45:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

John is correct and yes, Peter, the Register has this info in our database

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

I think Peter may have been referring to the Register or at least the MGCC buying stuff like this?! If so, I think we/they should !

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  17:29:46  Show Profile
Such photos can command eye watering prices. I recently bid on a collection of period photos of Austin 7s for the Archive I am responsible for. A collection of 65 images, some better than others, made an extrodinary £1200 plus commission - £1600. Don't be fooled by the 'come bid me' estimate...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  18:48:43  Show Profile
Catheljiene

I was and I agree, I think the club should too but probably too late for this album.

Mike Dalby came to see it today, I wonder if he is listening???

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  19:24:59  Show Profile
I have spoken with a family member of an owner of one of the depicted cars and there is awareness of and interest in the auction.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 24/05/2021 19:25:27
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2034 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2021 :  22:09:44  Show Profile

I have spent a small fortune buying up magazines, books and event programs etc relating to my N type.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  13:20:54  Show Profile
The album sold for just under £500.

I hope the right people got it.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  15:38:08  Show Profile
To be a little more precise £460 plus commission - a friendly 30%... £598 all together...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1729 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2021 :  11:44:59  Show Profile
Dick

Any news?

Did they buy it?

After your post I refrained from bidding.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2021 :  13:04:11  Show Profile
No news yet.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

John S

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2021 :  10:12:30  Show Profile
All
For info, Cat raised highlighted the subject of archive info last year and we discussed it, when this auction house had other albums and memorabilia likely to be linked to ANE641. I’ll go with wider opinion but herewith my views for what they are worth.

I firmly support collating archive material to build profile on how our cars have been used over the years and specifically to tie period pictures of cars to records of those cars still with us. Various items come up – a) parts and important trophies that carry commercial value; b) local trophies and pots that probably don’t have much tangible value but are important if linked to a car, and c) photo albums, capturing the story of the cars in the pre digital age.

The Register has some cash reserves, however as highlighted here prices for items can vary wildly and reserves can easily be used up; such material once bought is unlikely to be sold so other than writing articles I’m not sure how you rebuild the reserves for the future. Sadly, for photos of cars which are believed lost/scrapped (I understand from last year this is the case for ANE641) its likely the use and sharing of info is all the more limited.

From the discussions last year I drew a couple of clear conclusions:
- For auctions/ebay etc and photos/car linked pots and memorabilia (ie b&c), the best bidder in the room is likely to always be the current owner. The Register/community can play a valuable role if it can network and inform an owner of items they see coming up for sale. This also avoids us competing/bidding up items against the owner
- We encourage our community to donate items or share albums with us. My feeling is most enthusiasts would want this and even if we borrow an item and copy the images we have most of what we need. These items appear at auction probably largely from estates, so if the message was out there with wider family we may achieve what we need. We could cover content and give recognition to donations in the Bulletin or Safety Fast.

I’ve suggested I could write an article along these lines for the Bulletin/Safety Fast. Happy to accept suggestions/views/comments and how we share this message with wider community?
John

JS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000