Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 MG4463
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Nick THompson

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2015 :  21:38:51  Show Profile
Steve, Sorry not used to this. Dick was based just outside London to the north east and competed in CS7695 during 1949 and 1950 before selling and competing in newer MGs and became race manager for Mg in late 1955.
Thanks Nick.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2015 :  09:58:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

The RAC Stewards were very concerned that in the event of brake failure, cars might suddenly appear on the A327 at full speed and the Club agreed to place a large tree trunk across he end of the course, to make such a thing less likely ! Colin B.

Safety Fast?

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

lescars

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  22:06:17  Show Profile
Hello.
Can anyone give me information on Great Auclum Hill climb programmes please?
I know the years they ran the annual races from but can someone confirm if programmes were issued for every year that they raced at all please?
That includes the pre war meeting?
Thanks for any help or any other information
Les

Les hawkins
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  10:35:03  Show Profile
Les. I can't help with the pre-war meeting, which I think was organised by the VSCC. They might well have a copy of the programme on their files. All subsequent meetings were organised by the Hants & Berks Motor Club and I have copies of the events held on 26/7/47, 25/7/48, 14/8/49,8/8/64, 2/8/69 and 1/8/70. The last three are nicely prepared items with fancy covers and the earlier ones are little more than a list of runners and riders. I can provide copies of any of these that you do not have, and in return I would appreciate copies of any others which you might have. If interested please send me your address (by personal email) and we can take it from there.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  13:49:47  Show Profile
I think the 1939 Great Auclum climb - referred to in the press of the time as Burghfield - was a joint VSCC/Bugatti Owners Club event. So the BOC might be another source to try.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  14:19:46  Show Profile

Hello, Steve.

I was very interested to read that you are doing a book on Great Auclum, is that correct ?

I have at least one picture of my Leonard N special competing there and would certainly be interested in a copy in due course.

Best regards,

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000