Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2016 Racing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  09:17:46  Show Profile
Ono, your place is reserved, no excuses.

We will always look at venue options but right now we have momentum and a winning formula. After 51 years at Silverstone, I think we have life left in Brands for now. Plus I think it is an ideal venue, and my car seems to like it!!

We have a VSCC MG race at Cadwell this year after one at Mallory last year. So we do get to play elsewhere. I will explore other additional MGCC races in 2017 but we must support the VSCC who have also been so supportive and have struggled to fill grids in recent years, before we create additional races.

What a fabulous problem to have! We have even got a racer for 2017 who after racing his B at Brands on Sunday, watched us, and would like to join our gang in his PB instead.

Also for those thinking about returning to racing after retiring too soon, the ARDS test is not hard, It's just a few hours, suck it up, say yes sir and then your free to play. You know who you are!!!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  11:16:25  Show Profile
That's great developments Mark

I guess the big benefit of Brands is that it is a 2 day event. The others (excluding MG Live, from memory, and certainly Donington, Oulton, Mallory etc) are only 1 day events. I guess therefore the chances of 2 MMM races at one of these other MGCC Raceday's is slim by co aristo to Brands.

I guess there's nothing to stop an addition MMM entry at one of these other MGCC events, but it makes sense to me to keep Brands as the main event as such

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 07/05/2016 11:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  11:28:23  Show Profile
Just copying the email and facebook post i ve published regarding Cadwell July 24th. Please note the change to the entry eligibility for the Spero. Open to supercharged under 1100cc aswell. So plenty of races alongside the MG Challenge should you wish!

Calling all MG Triple-M’s and Austin Racers
We invite you all to compete in a special race for 2016, The MG Vs Austin Challenge at The Vintage Sports Car Club Cadwell Park meeting on July 24th.
The Pre-War race is open to all Triple-M MG’s and Austins, in a winner takes all 12 minute scratch race. We hope to have some appropriate class based awards so all models are welcome. In recent years the Triple-M register has seen a resurgence in racers returning to the grid, and we welcome the company of our Austin Friends for this entertaining challenge. Our intent is to evenly split the grid with 13 of each marque so please get your entries in now, don’t miss out on the opportunity to reignite this wonderful pre-war rivalry.

To make the most of the wonderful Cadwell circuit there are a number of other great race’s on the VSCC calender perfect for our cars including the Spero Trophy.

The Spero Trophy is awarded to the first car up to 1100cc (or up to 750cc supercharged) and the Voiturette Trophy to the first un-supercharged car up to 750cc.Furthermore, although traditionally designated for Racing Cars, the VSCC are delighted to accept entries for Sports-Cars of the appropriate capacities (either stripped or in road going trim with wings and lights) as well as supercharged cars up to 1100cc. There will be additional awards for both Sports-Cars (running in proper road going trim) or those supercharged cars over 750cc on offer even if they are not eligible for the named trophies.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, I will be out at Oulton in the P Type so please come and say hello.
Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com
www.vscc.co.uk

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  11:31:42  Show Profile
Just filled in my entry form for Cadwell Park.
just need to get ashore and find a post box!
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  12:40:13  Show Profile
..... You must have plenty of bottles to put your message in...... may even be faster than pigeon post if the tide is going the right way!
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  16:25:07  Show Profile
Some MGCC photos here http://www.mgcc.co.uk/brands-hatch-mary-harris-trophy-photos/

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  16:55:51  Show Profile
Just back from Wiscombe, great to see so many MGs and MG friends who were not at Brands. And the sun shone !!! The car remains in one piece so next trip Oulton followed by Cadwell. I will certainly enter the MG v Austin race, what a great idea ! If that yellow single seater Austin with about 28psi boost is there he is all yours Chaz/Mike P.
With set 3 as well, I will probably sit out the Spero, anyone else doing the Spero ?

Pots
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  17:47:33  Show Profile
Hi Duncan,
It was great to see you and Emma down at sunny Wiscombe on Sunday
Cheers
Colin

D0285
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  08:38:03  Show Profile
Duncan, I m doing the Spero and not set three for Cadwell as the car will still be in super streamlined mode.

Great to hear Wisc went so well!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  08:50:30  Show Profile
9 Triple-Ms out at Oulton on Sat, another strong line up.
Includes the returning Tom Hardman in the Bellevue after its engine rebuild and Michael Barber in the recently acquired Ex Procter P Type.

See you UP North!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  11:24:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dolts

9 Triple-Ms out at Oulton on Sat, another strong line up.
Includes the returning Tom Hardman in the Bellevue after its engine rebuild and Michael Barber in the recently acquired Ex Procter P Type.

See you UP North!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

I hope you have a great day on Saturday, sorry that I will miss this one

D0285
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  13:13:56  Show Profile
Going to be good, no autocross this year ! Will keep to the tarmac

(we're heading up Friday pm to get signed on etc. So, anyone doing likewise, see you for a beer then..)

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2016 :  17:49:39  Show Profile
Fab day at Oulton, what a wonderful circuit the long course is.

Some great triple-m results.

Mike Painter was second it the handicap and Duncan Potter took 3rd in the last race of the day. Chaz Jones had a very impressive 8th place in the all comers scratch race against the ERAs and co.

Fred got his revenge for Brands and pipped me in the set 3 race by a second. another ding dong battle all race. Andrew Morland had the P type on form. Annie B in the PA held off a chasing TB. Well done to Michael Barber for a successful debut in the P type.

Tom H was having head gasket issues in the Bellevue, but great to see the car back.

Oh and David Rushton won the autosolo in the M type.

Great to have nearly all the cars in one garage, a great group as ever. Even the torrential rain was quite entertaining!

Well done everyone.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2016 :  18:00:41  Show Profile
Drat and blast.... grumble ....grumble.... want to come and play....
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2016 :  18:24:51  Show Profile
yup we miss you too , not the same without a rodent or a road sweeper!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000