Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Double length Lift the Dot studs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

coracle

United Kingdom
1939 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2016 :  12:13:00  Show Profile
Many years ago before my MG days I ran an Austin Seven special with one aero screen, no hood and only a full tonneau. I contemplated investing in a wet suit at the time as most of the water came in from below when it rained. I was only a boy then thus could not fall into the real man class; hence the contemplation of the wet suit.
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2016 :  13:50:38  Show Profile
If you ever needed a reason to leave your hood at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebi4VvHC6UM

Not good if it's wet, or even worse up to your axles in mud!
Go to Top of Page

jclarkemarine

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  12:40:05  Show Profile
Hello everyone.

What type of fixing do you require??

Self tap?
Threaded stud and nut?
If threaded how long??
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  13:54:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by coracle

Many years ago before my MG days I ran an Austin Seven special with one aero screen, no hood and only a full tonneau. I contemplated investing in a wet suit at the time as most of the water came in from below when it rained. I was only a boy then thus could not fall into the real man class; hence the contemplation of the wet suit.

Is that where the name Coracle comes from?

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  14:14:52  Show Profile
John, speaking for myself, as the one who started the thread, I now have what I want and was merely letting others know where they might be available.

What I was looking for was the double length woodscrew (not self tapping) stud as all the usual suspects were only able to supply the machined from solid ones. These not only look totally unlike the originals, but the "business end" is only 16mm long vs 20mm for the originals. The ones you are offering are, as you will know, the machined ones and the one you show at the bottom of the L-t-Dot page is indeed what is required. I imagine your boating customers are not too fussed, as indeed I would not be myself on a modern boat, or indeed car.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000