Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J2 knuckle
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Frank

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2017 :  19:50:18  Show Profile
First thanks to everyone for the discussion. My first mistake was specifying the wrong side. It is actually the left side. On Peter's note, I've also looked at the other knuckel. This has the same weakening as the left. So I really need some new or well-used knuckles.
Have these parts ever been rebuilt?

Peter thank you for your reference.
And to all the others, please excuse my bad English.

Frank Zander
J3432
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2017 :  21:30:45  Show Profile
I think your English is very good Frank!

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2017 :  22:00:58  Show Profile
If the other knuckle has been similarly damaged presumably someone has removed the chassis number?

P
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6166 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2017 :  22:03:49  Show Profile
No worries, Peter, if a secondhand one turns up, it'll have a spare chassis number on it!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2042 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2017 :  22:35:50  Show Profile
Hello Frank.
If the crack in the knuckle is carefully ground back and the knuckle straightened,a suitable steel plate made and ground to fit nicely to replace the missing section, any competent welder using the correct grade of welding rod would have no difficulty in restoring your knuckles. The whole lot finally fettled and polished.
Best of luck with it !
Chris
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2017 :  11:01:41  Show Profile
If the offside knuckle has been altered in the same way as the one shown, the number is already gone, so replacement would not cause any further problem than the one that already exists. Identity would need to be established by other means (Docs, bonnet, etc. etc.) if they available.

Regards,
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 27/06/2017 11:02:30
Go to Top of Page

Frank

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2017 :  14:32:09  Show Profile
Hello Ian,
Thank you for your help. The parts look good. I would like to buy them.
Can you please tell me how much you want for the two parts and transport. Please write me the following email address:
elkezander@aol.com

Best regeards
Frank
Go to Top of Page

IanG

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2017 :  10:58:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

Hello Ian,
Thank you for your help. The parts look good. I would like to buy them.
Can you please tell me how much you want for the two parts and transport. Please write me the following email address:
elkezander@aol.com

Best regeards
Frank

Hallo Frank, ich habe die Fotos gelöscht.
Ich werde dir eine Email schicken.
Ich möchte die Chassis-Nummer überprüfen.

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6166 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2017 :  13:47:27  Show Profile
Why was it necessary to delete the photos of the knuckles on offer?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3402 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2017 :  20:28:01  Show Profile
Not guilty
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

IanG

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  00:14:14  Show Profile
Because I have been asked by the register to supply the numbers to verify what chassis they are from. They want to log it before I grind off numbers or they end up on another chassis.It is all to do with documenting history of MMM cars.You have already raised the question of chassis numbers,& which car would you have.

quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

Why was it necessary to delete the photos of the knuckles on offer?

Simon J
J3437

Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  07:35:22  Show Profile
Ian, are you saying the register know that you are going to grind the numbers off the original knuckles you have (which I assume are clear/legible) so they can be re stamped with the number of another car?
Go to Top of Page

IanG

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  08:43:03  Show Profile
Ollie, Yes the register want to clarify what car they came from for historical reasons before I go & grind off numbers & send them to be put on another car as replacements.I have no problem with this as it is then documented history.

quote:
Originally posted by ollirichardson

Ian, are you saying the register know that you are going to grind the numbers off the original knuckles you have (which I assume are clear/legible) so they can be re stamped with the number of another car?

Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  09:10:35  Show Profile
So we destroy the identity of another J2( as register rules state the knuckle is the car) , all be it with new side rails . Surely as the knuckles are beyond use on Franks car and evidence is there , the best thing to do is fit new knuckles and re stamp the number ( with /R after for replacement ) and put a covering letter in the register records as to why. Particularly as in the past other cars have not been accepted for being re stamped on original knuckles.seems the register rules change depending on who you are and what you have! Or am am completely wrong?? Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  09:52:01  Show Profile
If I had a say in this, I'd go with Oliver's suggestion of getting some new ones too. It seems absurd to be destroying the identity of another car no matter how well documented!

Even if in agreement with Oliver, I would like to add my hopes that he is wrong in his comment about the Register and that integrity wins ...

Edited by - Cathelijne on 30/06/2017 09:54:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000