Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 HW Allingham and the Airline Coupes
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  04:03:39  Show Profile
Thanks Lew. I appreciate your feedback on what I have written. History is an iterative process, so if you think I have got it wrong somewhere, please let me know.
Regds
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  17:05:23  Show Profile
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the head's up. Just ordered mine, too. Anxious to read it!

tommm in sunny Ohio

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2020 :  19:49:46  Show Profile
Another mystery: In the book "Yesterday's Motoring" by Graham Cowie, he talks about a PA Airline Coupe he owned in the mid 1930s. Bought second hand from a "Lord Something" and transported with the family to New Zealand and subsequently sold in the neighborhood of Wanganui. I can barely read the registration plate, but it appears to be JO3...
I have no record of any Airline Coupe with a similar registration number, although that could well have been changed to a New Zealand plate and reregistered somewhat later. Can anyone offer any clues to the identification of an early owner or the identification of this PA Airline?

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
427 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2020 :  11:06:37  Show Profile
I have a contact in New Zealand who can investigate this further, JO3... is certainly the start of a valid NZ Registration. Any chance the photo could be forwarded to assist.
My contact has access to very good graphics packages that can make "unreadable" letters and numbers re-appear.

Safety Fast in these Viral Times,

Tony

We are here for a good time, not a long time !.
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
427 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2020 :  12:29:16  Show Profile
I could not wait for a printed copy of Graeme's new book to be delivered, so opted for the eBook version - installed Kindle on the PC and just enjoyed a good read.

Well done Graeme Cocks - thank you for adding to the history record of H.W. Allingham & the MG Airline Coupes.

Tony

We are here for a good time, not a long time !.

Edited by - PreWarMG on 08/04/2020 12:40:57
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2020 :  14:01:17  Show Profile
Here you go, Graeme.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  01:25:48  Show Profile
Hi Tony and Lew
Thanks for your comments about my research on Henry William Allingham and the first Airline Coupe. I'm glad the ebook worked out. I have never done one before so it was an experiment. It seems to be a good way of enabling people to access the info in book form without the cost of printing a book.
I became engrossed in the story of Henry's daughter and her death in Indonesia. If anyone is interested, I can put the story on this topic. It may stir up some debate about two versions of truth in war - not really on this topic.
All the best
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2020 :  03:28:09  Show Profile
Always interested in anything H.W.A., Graeme.

As a side note, a few years ago, I had a friend go to the museum at Gaydon to see if they had anything on H.W.A. Nothing related to MG, but he (surreptitiously) photocopied quite a few pages of letters between him and a couple of the other car companies. Mostly boring stuff, but if you're interested I'll dig them out and forward.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2020 :  19:04:25  Show Profile
I just received my copy and after a quick scan, I have but one word: BRILLIANT!

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000