Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Silverstone MG Live
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  22:03:25  Show Profile
Hi Simon,
how is the J2?.......
understand Sue had a fair ding dong with the Yorkshire man at Silverstone Live!
yrs, Foz
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  22:11:08  Show Profile
Hiya Barry,

Hopefully I'll pick up the new oil pipes from the Post Office first thing in the morning and be back on the road by lunchtime But otherwise......it's truly awesome, thanks to Oliver. What a star
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2012 :  10:41:25  Show Profile
Thanks Dick for listing me in the N at Mallory as 20th and not saying last. Diplomacy is not dead. Broke a tooth of the diff on the start line so went round slowly with a knocking when under load but managed to not record a DNF.
Have replaced the diff this morning with a spare from FOZ, but everything I get from him is RAT GREEN. Doesn't he have any other paint ?? Is it a BMC colour ?

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 30/06/2012 10:43:33
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2012 :  19:59:24  Show Profile
David, Mike and co.
Race Commentary
Your comments about commentary sheets will be taken back to the Race Committee – sounds like a big oversight to me. Foz’s spoof is worthy of wider distribution.

MSA Standards
Both the VSCC and MGCC race under MSA so the application of rules should be the same.
If it varies the racing committee should be informed.
If the MSA scrutineers do not understand pre-war cars perhaps there is some education and training required?

Onno
MG Live Organisation
It was agreed some time ago that the Triple-M Committee would meet to consider recommendations for MG Live in the future. So if you have some constructive ideas they will be welcome. Please bear in mind that this large event is basically run by volunteers and there never enough of them – how about it?

George
Go to Top of Page

Thijs

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2012 :  22:16:05  Show Profile
Thanks to all MMM racers and enthusiast for making me feel welcome, despite the dayglo color my car has.
Apologies for that but it just happen to be useful when Guinness is combined with ferry crossings...
I'm looking forward to my next race visit!
Regards,
Thijs de Groot

Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  19:53:21  Show Profile
George
I'd be happy to help with constructive input.
If wanted I could see if I could gather some info from our Dutch group...
Please send me a message of how this best can be arranged.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  18:09:10  Show Profile
Onno
I have replied directly to your email address
George
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  22:08:57  Show Profile
Only to add an "Amen" to this discussion, since I have only been to Silverstone (er, MG Live) 4 times in the last 30 years (83, 84, 85, 2002), I cannot dispute the idea that the atmosphere has become more carnival like. However, in 2002, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I bypassed many of the things that held no interest, but concentrated in visiting people I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years. I'm sure I pestered the folks manning the Triple-M booth. I begged a ride in the Bob Clare Cresta, I photographed numerous Triple-M cars, I watched a lot of racing (Triple-M and otherwise), I got to take a loaned MGB around the track in a parade lap, I chatted up the Dean Butler team particularly his mechanic. And my most fond memory of Silverstone was in 1983 when I met two people which ultimately became fast friends - Ian and Rosemary Lloyd. From my limited perspective as a Yank, I would go back anytime. There's a lot to see, people to talk with, and many many fond memories.

Lew Palmer

Edited by - LewPalmer on 02/07/2012 22:10:01
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2012 :  13:14:11  Show Profile
Hello everyone

This is just to remind you that tomorrow (Sat 20th) we have the MGCC open forum about MG Live! George Eagle and I will be attending and we are happy to receive representations and suggestions from the Triple-M community.

The agenda for this all-day meeting covers the following aspects:

- Review of the recent MG Live online survey
- Why Silverstone? ‘A celebration of MGCC’
- Content:-
• Marquees.
• Arena/ Attractions.
• Marque of friendship run.
• Register Parking.
• Traders and Lifestyle.
• Charities (Macmillan).
• Competitions/Racing.
• Evening Events.