Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Extra Members' Cars pictures
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MGB

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  17:20:00  Show Profile
Hello Nick,
How can we edit the description? By mistake I wrote "the Netherland" instead of "the Netherlands" (J2556)
Also, we seem to have lost the possibility to go to the picture of the next car.
would it be possible to see if more pictures are uploaded?

Kind regards,
Maurice

http://www.dioncre.nl/Algje/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  17:40:46  Show Profile
Maurice,

In case Nick isn't able to respond on this, I did an edit of the description on a photo I uploaded by clicking on the 'add' button related to my car and you then get the option to modify the description of existing photos or to delete them altogether.

As for going to the picture of the next car, I suspect that this capability has been lost in order to provide the option of going to the next picture of the car you are viewing, but I'll leave Nick to respond authoritatively on that.
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  18:27:09  Show Profile
I managed a couple of downloads so it must be easy, I think that Nick has hit on a good idea as it will give visual clues to help us home restores what to look for and how to achieve a reasonable result by studying the pictures.

Russ
PB0333
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  17:37:46  Show Profile
Simon is perfectly correct, I changed the function of the arrows to switch between pictures of the same car instead of between cars. The edit function comes under the "Add" menu item but is only available to the "owner" of the chassis number as recorded on the website. That database is not connected to the register itself, so if it is out of date, please let me know.
The intention of the change is to allow you, the membership to show off more images of your cars, being restored, or raced, trialled etc or simply out and about. So if you have a moment, upload some pictures of your car(s) for all to enjoy. As a thought, would it be useful to have some sort of indication on the thumbnail when extra images have been added?
When I have a moment, I would like to find some way of capturing all pictures of MMM cars with some means of cataloging the picture so that it can be found. So many great pictures have been uploaded to the general forum but with limited chance of others being able to locate them in the future unless you are able to remember the title of the original topic!
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

TomDrewett

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  16:06:52  Show Profile
"As a thought, would it be useful to have some sort of indication on the thumbnail when extra images have been added? "

Nick, it is a great additional feature and yes as you mention an indication on the thumbnail would make it even better!

MG M Type
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  18:28:33  Show Profile
Thank you Tom, I will put some thought to how that might be done.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  23:35:42  Show Profile
Just put scroll arrows below the primary picture which would scroll to the next picture. If there are none, the arrows would do nothing. (????)

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  08:03:09  Show Profile
Lew
Unfortunately, the thumbnail generation software doesn't have that facility. At the moment I am thinking changing the colour of the "Add" link might be the easiest thing to do.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

panderson

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  17:50:00  Show Profile
Does it appear that any images have disappeared? I just checked the PA member's car list and noticed that mine is no longer there. Are there others missing?

Phil Anderson
PA1212
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  18:38:40  Show Profile
Phil
Thank you. I can see no reason why your car is not displayed. I will let you know when I have solved the problem.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  08:12:31  Show Profile
Phil
Problem solved and thank you for the information. It was a bug I didn't spot.

I have also added a red # mark that shows on the thumbnails of all cars with extra images.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

panderson

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  03:21:11  Show Profile
Thanks Nick!

Phil
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page