Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC 80th anniversary 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2014 :  12:22:40  Show Profile
Hello everyone

We have now received details from the VSCC about the arrangements for a display of Triple-M cars on Saturday 9th August at the Peterborough Showground.

In their words:
Saturday 9 August 2014 - Saturday Spectacular
In celebration of the 80th Anniversary of the Vintage Sports-Car Club this year, we will be holding a week of motoring
events based at Peterborough Arena. The week will culminate on Saturday 9 August with a Vintage Transport Spectacular.

We would be delighted if your Members would consider joining us with their Pre-war vehicles on the Saturday to enjoy the
event with us. Entry to the event is free of charge for all persons kind enough to display a Pre-1960 car at the event.

I will be co-ordinating things for the Register, so if you propose to attend would you please contact me at richard.morbey [at] gmail.com with the following information:

1. Your name
2. Type of car and its registration number
3. Your address
4. Your phone number/s and e-mail address
5. Membership number and name of Car Club you belong to

I will gather people's details together and send you each a pass and the joining instructions.

Over to you!

Dick Morbey

PS
I should have mentioned that the event runs from 4th to 10th August - details below and on the VSCC website

Edited by - DickMorbey on 29/01/2014 14:30:38
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  08:47:38  Show Profile
Hi Dick (and other MGCC members),
I am helping VSCC with the organisation of this near week-long event, being local to the venue. As Gemma's note says, VSCC has agreed that the Saturday showground display will include vehicles made up to 1960. For our club, this means that all MMM, SVW, T, Y, Z and most MGA are welcome. Should we get together with these other Registers and put on a real spectacular, or just do our own Triple M show, and leave the others to do likewise? At previous events, many marque clubs put on themed stands (eg Talbot Fox and Nicholls Le Mans pits), rather than just a period "car park". Ideas?

Dick, can I assume you are liaising with the MGCC and/or other Registers over this?
Regards,
David
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  08:53:41  Show Profile
DAvid

Good point - certainly about the pre-war element, which is the VSCC's main focus. And the Vintage Register too, methinks ...

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2014 :  08:08:10  Show Profile
Good morning all,

This is just a reminder that there are plenty of slots for Triple-M cars in this display.

If you are interested in being included just drop me an e-mail to richard dot morbey at gmail dot com

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2014 :  17:54:59  Show Profile
Update

Time marches on!

Would anyone who is interested in having their car included in the VSCC 80th anniversary display at the Peterborough show ground on Sat 9th August please get in touch with me by 30th June at the absolute latest at richard.morbey [at] gmail.com with the following information:

1. Your name
2. Type of car and its registration number
3. Your address
4. Your phone number/s and e-mail address
5. Membership number and name of Car Club you belong to

At present we have a select but modest gathering and it would be great to have an even better representation from our cars!

Entrance is free for those dsplaying a car!

Dick Morbey PA/PB
Peter Scott PA
David Kidder NA
Barny Creaser PA
Rachel and Graham Holdsworth PB/ s
David Kempton J3
Jeff Townsend TB

All SVW, T, Y, Z and most MGA are also very welcome

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 19/06/2014 17:57:22
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2014 :  21:56:16  Show Profile
Dick

How about the Vintage register? They had a pitch at the 75th anniversary but had very few cars on a rather large pitch. Perhaps they would like to join with us.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2014 :  22:25:04  Show Profile
Yep, they have been asked too!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2014 :  10:13:03  Show Profile
This is a final call for anyone who wishes to have their pre-war (or post-war classic up to MGA) included in the MG display area at the VSCC's 80th anniversary party on 9th August.

If interested, please pass the requested info to me and I will arrange for your car to be included.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  12:18:17  Show Profile
UPDATE

We have a good seection of Triple-M and other MGs in our display on 9th August at the East of England showground, Peterborough: a C,D, J3,Ps,Ns as well as a TB, two 14/40s, a VA Tickford and a ZB.

However there is plenty of room for more, and I have a goodly supply of free entry tickets which are available for anyone who wishes to include their car in the display. If you do wish to be included please contact me asap and no later than 2nd August. For your interest, an event flyer and layout plan for the display are below.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  19:46:26  Show Profile
Up here in Peterborough things are humming very nicely. There's even a a Triple-M racer in the opening pages of the event brochure!

Don't forget Saturday's Vintage Day Out event which should be a splendid party. Free to VSCC members otherwise £5. I do have free passes for any Triple-Ms who are planning to display their cars in our special area, although quite how I can get these to you at this late stage is quite another matter .....!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  11:14:00  Show Profile
Many thanks Dick for all your hard work in organising the Triple-M display at Peterborough yesterday. We had a very good display of Triple-M cars plus a few invited guests from earlier and later periods.

The weather was glorious and the variety of cars on display across the showground made for an enjoyable day. Additional delights included a Spitfire display and the chairman's wife even provided us with cream cakes. What more could you wish for?

Thank you Dick and Gillian

Peter
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  15:48:08  Show Profile
I second that Peter. A nice way to finish a great anniversary week. Good to spend time with you all.
Graham and Rachael
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  19:04:02  Show Profile
Many thanks Peter, Graeme and Rachel. The Saturday triple M gathering was good fun to organise and take part in. Commiserations to David Kidder whose N type arrived on The end of a tow rope having broken down 2 miles from the event. Something was binding or preventing the engine's proper rotation. Hopefully, David it will prove to be something that can be fixed simply rather than a more deep-seated problem.

Amongst others making the trip were Barney and Gillian Creaser, who managed to put their broken P-type clutch back together again the day before.

I'll post a few pictures and a bit more detail later on when I have a moment.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 10/08/2014 19:04:32
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  21:31:30  Show Profile
Time now for a little more detail about the event - I'll put something together for the Bulletin a little later.

Amongst the many tyros who were active during the course of the week were the likes of Fred Boothby (J2/s), Roger Thomas (and son) (PA), David Rushton (M), Rachel Boulton-King (M) Peter Scott (PA), Colin Lee (J1), Oliver Richardson (C) Rachel Holdsworth (PB/s), Richard Frankel (genuine PB/s Cream Cracker) and David Kempton (J3).

Arrivals on Saturday included David Kidder (NA), Brian Halford in his PA (PA1588) and Ron Loomes's late series J2, J4427. Also noted was I.J. Davison's J2 J2739 from Haverhill, Suffolk.

Here's a sample of a few of the above ...

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 11/08/2014 09:02:00
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  21:54:59  Show Profile
A photogenic spot - almost identical position.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000