Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Silverstone race meeting - Now on March 29 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  21:42:04  Show Profile
On going conversations Oliver, not everyone we are speaking with has entered on line or submitted forms etc. I ll drop you an email. I m deliberately not listing until we have final confirmation.

No details as yet on timings, I m sure they will emerge after the closing date

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  21:46:11  Show Profile
oh well wait till its in black and white then!
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  17:56:54  Show Profile
Oliver , leave it to us . If I say there are 12 MMM entries , there are 12 MMM entries. I understand we may be down to 5 C Types , though , for I hear rumours that someone thinks it might be both boring and expensive ! On the timetable side of things , I understand that our race is likely to be in the middle of the programme , time enough for our Continental friends to make it back to Dover or Harwich .
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  08:23:38  Show Profile
What i actually said to your "informer" Fred was that i'd have to think about it from a finance point of view as 2 weeks after i can get 2 races on the same circuit for just a little more money than this entry fee. I seemed to be listed as a definite when from the onset i said maybe.As to the boring part that referred to whether there would be anything such as trade stands etc present as watching metros MGB'S going round does'nt really appeal to me.Anyway ive been told ive been "taken of the list" so if i am going i'll imform you direct.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  08:52:42  Show Profile
Sorry Oliver,

Just really hope you'll join us, be great to have you there.

The guilty "Informer"

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  09:35:53  Show Profile
Fred, I presume this means an early practise? It's not so much the getting back as it the getting to. If we take the night ferry, we arrive at Harwich on Saturday morning at about 7 o'clock and would have to hurry or might at all not make it in time for a, say, 9 o'clock practise. If we take the day ferry on Friday to arrive latish Friday evening, we need to take a day off work and add the cost of a hotel for the night. Hence!

Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1059 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  16:19:12  Show Profile
cheap clogs we are ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  07:06:50  Show Profile
Hollanders, we are working on it ! Hopefully the race programme is not yet 'set in stone' and the MMM/T race can be readjusted . Watch this space .
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  18:00:52  Show Profile
Practice for MMM / T types scheduled for 1045 . Race start time should be 1430 . That's the best we can manage . That gives 3 hours to get from Harwich to silverstone , and 45 minutes to calm down , sign on and get scrutineered . I am sure there will be lots of helpers , if required. It looks as though we will have 17 on the grid , not as many as I had wished for , but it should be a fun event .
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1059 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  18:56:37  Show Profile
Google maps say it's a two and a half hour drive so add a bit to that since we've got the trailer on the back and we should make it.
Looking forward to our UK splash and dash!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
337 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  19:31:56  Show Profile
Might be a good idea to let them know on the gate so you can drive staright in and don't get caught in the queue
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  20:12:46  Show Profile
My local brewery is supplying the after race cooling fluid. They might even do us a special Triple M Brew!! (And a bottle of sherry for Foz)

Anyone got a hot water ern? I ll bring all the supplies if someone can figure out the water supply!!

I ll also bring along some breaky for those in need! Batch of sausage baps do the trick and a couple of crossiants!!?

Fred do you know if we will have have access on Friday eve?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  07:48:15  Show Profile
I will find out if Silverstone will give us access on Friday afternoon - they always have done in the past .
An urn of hot water for tea and coffee would be a super scheme , for , knowing our luck , it is bound to be a bit chilly !
Sausage baps sound good too , but are the croissants for the Dutch ? I seem to recall they prefer cold meats , roll-mop herring and other unpalatable delicacies !
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  12:36:27  Show Profile
Sounds like a Party. Perhaps we should arrive Wednesday !
I,ll have your roll-mop Fred

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  17:09:07  Show Profile
Urn located......Coffee and Tea will be served!

I will bring my gazebo to set up the refreshment stall under.

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 11/03/2014 17:10:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000