Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ulster Triple-M Touring Event, 7th-12th June, 2016
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2015 :  11:51:50  Show Profile
I'm assuming it's a fly-off handbrake, so why not tie it in the 'on' position? Or even chock the brake pedal?
As Terry says, chocks will do the trick

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2015 :  16:24:33  Show Profile
Derek,

I'd have to say I haven't used P&O in years as the Stena routes suit us better. We've used both Belfast/Cairnryan and Belfast/Liverpool with the J2 and it's simply a matter of drive on, park the car, leave it in gear and put the hand brake on. I don't think they've ever chocked the wheels nor have they ever checked to see how secure the handbrake is holding the car. Perhaps in bad weather they might be more careful in which case I think chocks are available.

The timing of your post is excellent as I was going to add the news today that Stena are offering us a 15% discount on all the Irish Sea crossings. Details of how this works will be made available once entries open.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2015 :  12:37:17  Show Profile
I've updated the Ulster Tour page (http://www.triple-mregister.org/UlsterTT/UlsterTT31.asp) with some additional information about the Stena discount along with a general update on progress.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2016 :  14:34:42  Show Profile
I'm pleased to announce that entries for the Ulster Triple-M Tour are now open to all. Those who pre-registered their interest got first crack of the whip over the weekend and this has resulted in over thirty confirmed entries not just from the UK but from Ireland, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands and Australia. So far we have two K3s, two C Types and a J4 as well as several cars that, while not quite as exotic, nonetheless did their stuff at Craigantlet and elsewhere in Ulster and the rest of Ireland in the 1930s. Add to that a selection of small and large cam fours and sixes and we have a pretty good selection so far. You can find the entry information under the 'Events' tab on the home page or go directly via http://www.triple-mregister.org/UlsterTT/UlsterTT31.asp

You'll find some links to external sites on the page giving more information about what's on offer. I heartily recommend the Dundrod link.

See y'all in Ulster in June

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2016 :  14:03:45  Show Profile
I got a blank entry form this morning from our booking system. In theory this shouldn't be possible but just in case, has anyone submitted an entry and not got a confirmation email from me with their invoice and hotel booking details?

Simon J
J3437
P.S. We're up to forty five entries so there's only a limited number of hotel rooms still available.

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 17/01/2016 14:08:08
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2016 :  14:25:21  Show Profile
STOP PRESS,

We're up to fifty three entries and all rooms at the Dunadry hotel have now been allocated. A limited number of rooms are available at a nearby B&B - Ardbrin Lodge (http://ardbrinlodge.com/cgi-bin/mainpage/ ). The cost is £60 for bed and breakfast for two but it's on a first come first served basis.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  22:06:34  Show Profile
When I posted on 11th January to say that entries for the Ulster Triple-M Tour were open I didn't expect to be posting again so soon to say that entries are closed! With fifty six confirmed entries, and another four expected to be confirmed shortly we have reached our self imposed limit of sixty cars. Furthermore, with all the rooms allocated to us at the Dunadry now booked, as well as those available at a nearby B&B, we simply don't have rooms readily available for any more visitors.

Of course things can change and people may have to drop out for one reason or another so I will be operating a 'reserve' list and if anyone wants me to add their name to the list, just drop me a line (ulstermmmtour@gmail.com) but it will be on a first come, first served basis.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2016 :  08:40:30  Show Profile
Since Chairman Dick was being so effusive about the 2017 Touring Event I thought I'd just 'blow my own trumpet' about the Ulster Tour and the Triple-M themed Cultra Hill Climb at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum - see http://nmni.com/uftm/What-s-on/Events/The-Cultra-Hill-Climb

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2016 :  12:00:00  Show Profile
A last minute cancellation means that I have an entry available and, in particular, a room at the Dunadry available. If anyone is interested please get in touch with me at ulstermmmtour@gmail.com

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  20:59:43  Show Profile
Not long to go now and I'll be sending 'Final Instructions' to entrants next week but in the meantime the Curator of Transport at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum at Cultra sent me this link to a YouTube video publicising the hill climb that rounds off the Tour. It should be a fun day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGydlXGkCI

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
993 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  11:20:30  Show Profile
Great video - I can't wait to join in the fun! Nice MG at the end . Is that a big video screen for spectators? Very professional!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 20/05/2016 11:30:52
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  15:27:31  Show Profile
Indeed, it is a big video screen for spectators. Unlike most of the other hill climbs here, which are run on narrow public roads with little by way of viewing areas, Cultra is a very spectator friendly venue and spectators can wander through the paddock and pretty much see all of the action with the help of the big screen. For a more typical Ulster hill climb try this video!

https://youtu.be/a5QDKQHdzxc

Don't worry, it's on our route on Day 1

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
993 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  10:43:41  Show Profile
I tried running the video at half speed to get an idea of how it would be in a P type, but it still seemed awfy fast!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  13:23:43  Show Profile
Cultra Hillclimb on 11th June is in the grounds of the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, a venue well worth visiting in it's own right.

Any family members for whom motor sport is not the best thing in the world can enjoy the many reconstructed old cottages, mill, school etc in the lovely grounds. I remember as a lad seeing the first ones being rebuilt, numbered stone by stone, and the original contents put back in place. There are also great examples of road and rail transport there, a maritime section and displays from the Irish Linen industry.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  14:12:52  Show Profile
Thanks for the 'plug' for the Museum, Brian. They are being very generous to the Triple-M Tour participants and everyone will have free admission to the Transport Museum and to the Folk Museum so no need to hang around noisy, smelly cars - you can head off and see what else the Museum has to offer.

But Brian, you must have been mistaken when you said you remembered the buildings being rebuilt - surely you mean being built in the first place

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000