Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ulster Triple-M Touring Event, 7th-12th June, 2016
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  21:51:01  Show Profile
LOL

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2016 :  14:49:57  Show Profile
We're starting to get some nice publicity - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motor-sport/vintage-cars-to-relive-their-ards-tt-glory-days-at-cultra-hillclimb-34724193.html

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2016 :  21:33:04  Show Profile
And some more good coverage at the TSCC web site - http://www.tsccni.info/2016/05/01/ulsters-motoring-gem-goes-international/

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3107 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  09:57:22  Show Profile
Simon, thanks to you and the Johnston family for creating such a superb and memorable Tour. Your preparation and organisation was splendid.

Thanks also to all who participated from near and far allowing everyone to delight in so many interesting and historic MG's.

Well done Simon!

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 12/06/2016 15:20:35
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  10:00:02  Show Profile
That looks like a great MMM gathering :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  21:35:43  Show Profile
Many thanks for your kind words, Sam.

For those not familiar with 'Norn Iron' Sam's photo shows Conway Square in Newtownards, part of the TT circuit, where we gathered on Thursday morning. The narrow gap between the old Town Hall in the upper right corner and the shuttered shop front to its left is where the cars entered the square in the TT races and it is said that the marks on the wall of the building across from the Town Hall are from hub spinners of the racing cars.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
993 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  11:56:14  Show Profile
Well done, Simon! An excellent tour, brilliantly organised down to the last detail. Three days of varied scenery and the occasional hillclimb challenge. Attending the Cultra Hillclimb on the final day was the icing on the cake. Everywhere we went we were greeting warmly by the friendly natives. I plan to do a report for Safety Fast! once I've recovered from all the excitement. Meantime, here's the car park at Glentariff forest Park.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  12:19:24  Show Profile
Colin, if SF can't do it as a seperate feature, our next "big" spread in October (we get 3 a year). Your copy would be gratefully recieved.

JH
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  13:33:16  Show Profile
Many people have been in touch to say what a fabulous event the Ulster was. Congrats to Simon for his meticulous organisation - the only failure as far as I am concerned being my inability to be in two places at once

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  13:44:23  Show Profile
Yep. A stupendous event, with Simon and his team organising everything to complete perfection. My little PA attracted much interest from the public wherever I parked up, with people wanting to take photographs and to learn all about him. From leaving Southwick on the 3rd June (for Silverstone) until I arrived back yesterday, the 12th June, we covered almost exactly 1000 miles and got through something like 32 gallons of unleaded. The one "low" point was when I broke the battery isolator switch at Belfast Docks on the return home and damaged a muscle in my leg whilst trying to push the car out of the way of the 40 tonne trucks waiting to get on the ferry. High points ? So many, but one was following Jonathan and Pat Toulmin in the blown PA "Cracker" and Malcolm and Ross Newman in the Ashton-Rigby L2 through the sea mist along the Coast Road at The Giant's Causeway. The mist was so thick that I couldn't see the rear lights of the L2 which was only about twenty yards in front of me, but all the time that I could hear the rasp of the L2 exhaust, I knew that I wouldn't find Ross parked in the middle of the road around the next corner. A lovely noise at the best of times.

Thanks again Simon, Sandra and Emily.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  14:40:40  Show Profile
Simon, what an absolutely terrific event. You, Sandra and family had obviously put in a huge amount of work to organise every detail of the trip. I shall keep the tremendous route book as a reminder of the fun we had on the different stages of the tour.

What a great group of people you assembled, really excellent company, splendid cars, breathtaking scenery, great hill climb, perfect Guinness and even the odd cup of tea and scone....

Special thanks to Noel Cochrane who fabricated some drive coupling links for me on Fri night and had them delivered to the hill climb on Saturday, what a star !

Wish we were still there ! Duncan, Emma and Father.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  16:15:07  Show Profile
If I'm not mistaken there are three K3s in Colin's photo above and here's the fourth one having its magneto dried out using Mrs J's hairdryer.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2016 :  17:16:12  Show Profile
Hi Simon

Congratulations from me also for what has clearly been a very successful event and a good reward for you and the family for all the hard work in organising the event.

George
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  18:29:47  Show Profile
Obviously the Cambridges must have heard about our tea and scones last week and had to check them out for themselves

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  21:24:00  Show Profile
"Blimey Kate, look at that cream tea" :)

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000