Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM Cars in Films
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

morisani

Italy
109 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  16:44:44  Show Profile
In the "Eye of the Needle, a 1981 film based on a Ken Follet novel, directed by Richard Marquand, with Donald Sutherland and Kate Nelligan, you can admire a very beautifull PA or OB at the begining of the film. It has not a luky destiny because driving it too fast in a narrow country road it ends out of the road falling down a bridge. It's a real pity! Besides the headlamps are covered, as required by blackout rules during the Second World War. There is a narrow slit in the cover that allows a small amount of light through.

Edited by - morisani on 10/06/2008 17:42:06
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2008 :  09:06:46  Show Profile
Hi, Cars in films?
The M-type in "Reach for the Sky" is that which was owned by Flip Scholten, long before he bought it from Richardsons in the early sixties. 2M3463, a late metal panelled car, now owned by Jacques Dubeil in RSA, so I hop to see it later this year at the Indaba in Port Elizabeth.
There is a PA four seater in "Man in a white suit", which Googie Withers drives in a lot of scenes, with Alec Guinness alongside.
There are many American films which feature T-series cars, of course, but sadly most of these films are in black and white. It repays to see some of the older films, as many have a story line which can be followed: but now I am sounding like a G-O-M, which my wife says I am!
All the best,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2008 :  13:43:00  Show Profile
As a rejected 'Douglas Bader' leaves the RAF in the M-type in 'Reach for the Sky', the Austin 7 in the background is Crumbly the Chummy. A film star in my garage!

The offer of good-quality liquid refreshment for anyone finding a picture of / reference to PA 0603 - APP 186. still stands.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2008 :  21:08:47  Show Profile
I always was under the impression that the "Eye of the Needle" car was a T type. In fact a supplier then located in New Jersey USA claimed to have bought the wreck for parts shortly after the movie was filmed. Am I correct?

Mike L
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000