Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Barry Foster Accident
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

pinion

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2015 :  16:41:55  Show Profile
May I wish Barry a speedy recovery,he is a marvellous entertainer in his beloved Rat.I was in Angouleme & saw the circuit screen with the Rat on its side.I believe the circuit marshalling needs improving.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2015 :  00:23:38  Show Profile
Hadn't looked at the Forum since around 20th. Quite a shock to read the first entry. Quite a relief to read yours Foz.

All the best to both of you (F and R) for successful repair and re-commissioning.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2015 :  12:34:30  Show Profile
Good Morning All,
many thanks for all those who have sent messages by the many ways possible..... personal replies will slowly drift out from here......
To reduce the number of times I have to repeat basic information, today I will update "me" an next week car/incident/follow on......
No damage to head/neck/spine/lower limbs.... though extensive and now colourful bruising!
Right arm mechanical function ok but compromised at present by friction burns [nomex does not slide] to hand and forearm.... can manage tea/wine/peas etc....
Left shoulder took heavy impact... humorous broken below top and bone fragments scattered around in the joint.......elbow ok but forearm and hand suffering from crush damage and do not work ... so far.
Back to hospital Monday for decisions/surgery/?/...on shoulder.....been informed 8 - 12 weeks for shoulder if no further problems and possibly more for my hand.
So there are the facts as known.
Thanks again for your support and wishes.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2015 :  12:46:03  Show Profile
Good to see you have your humour still

Hope it's a speedy recovery without much of a rebuild :)

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  14:53:18  Show Profile
Hi All,
Next week surgery to left shoulder to remove fragments, clean out and then plate and screw back together.
Left hand now has some feeling and movement.... but slow progress.
Right hand/arm healing well - but can only manage screw top wine bottles - so far!

The incident was the result of a back marker moving into me during overtaking. Ran out of track - no run off in a street circuit - so he Rat went over one of his wheels and flipped.
Marshalls and medical help quick and good.

The RAT has a number of jobs to do when I am fixed. Back to a bare chassis and lots of crack testing! Looks like blower/engine/gearbox should only need a clean up.
Ash frame, body skin, wings, lamps, stays and other bits that stick out need attention.... side lamps are probably u/s.
So thats it from me for now.
Thanks to all who have been in contact.
yrs FOZ
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  15:06:44  Show Profile
Pair of original sidelights here with your name on to go to the rebuild! Oliver
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  16:08:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Foz

Hi All,
Next week surgery to left shoulder to remove fragments, clean out and then plate and screw back together.
Left hand now has some feeling and movement.... but slow progress.
Right hand/arm healing well - but can only manage screw top wine bottles - so far!

The incident was the result of a back marker moving into me during overtaking. Ran out of track - no run off in a street circuit - so he Rat went over one of his wheels and flipped.
Marshalls and medical help quick and good.

The RAT has a number of jobs to do when I am fixed. Back to a bare chassis and lots of crack testing! Looks like blower/engine/gearbox should only need a clean up.
Ash frame, body skin, wings, lamps, stays and other bits that stick out need attention.... side lamps are probably u/s.
So thats it from me for now.
Thanks to all who have been in contact.
yrs FOZ

I hope the repairs go well Foz, to you and the Rat

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.

Edited by - colintf on 01/10/2015 16:09:49
Go to Top of Page

arjen

Netherlands
32 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  18:39:18  Show Profile
Oh Wow, I am just reading this returning from the GrossGlockner Grandprix. Henk and I wish you offcours as well a speedy recovery. Hopefully the doctors will fix you up so you will be able to return in old glory.(Tell them Castor oil does miracles!).

Arjen

arjen
Go to Top of Page

treetops

Netherlands
284 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  19:39:16  Show Profile
Barry I hope for a speedy recovery and I will look around for a Tiger Moth.!!
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  11:54:30  Show Profile
Hi all,

I've just delivered Barry to the hospital for his op today. He's been confirmed as on the list for this afternoon for the work he described above. We expect him to be home tomorrow, all being well.

I'm off to work in Germany for 10 days tomorrow, so probably won't be in a position to update. But I'm sure Barry will be back on to report progress once he is ready and able to do so. Otherwise, please assume that 'no news is good news'. Your messages and good wishes have been very gratefully received by both Barry and Maisie.

Hamish

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  16:03:06  Show Profile
Thanks for the update Hamish and I hope all goes well for you Barry

Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  22:38:33  Show Profile
The operation seems to have gone well and he hopes to be released back home tomorrow or the next day
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2015 :  05:50:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hamish McNinch

The operation seems to have gone well and he hopes to be released back home tomorrow or the next day

That's great news, thanks for the update

Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2015 :  09:44:43  Show Profile
Good Morning All,
well I thought I had discovered a painful rearrangement of shoulder parts.... the surgeons had a few extra ideas but they are not comfortable ones but as they are designed to give the best outcome I am content.....so I have been a bit distracted from trying to get to this report and so many other things i want/need to do..... and I was only under the knife for 2 1/2 hrs so the £2Billion NHS overspend is not just down to me! The surgical team were excellent.....but refused to operate until I had told them some jokes......then next thing was returning to consciousness ... feeling like an 8L Bentley had been over me!
So back to recovery mode ... wait and see if all the sticks and strings are in the right places and to get the shoulder to work. Hand/forearm still not operational.... depends on the nerve damage where/how serious..... and even more depressing regrowth is only 1/2mm per day!
Keep doing MG stuff so I have things to read about and pictures to look at.
all the best
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2015 :  10:25:04  Show Profile
Good morning Barry

It is good to hear from you.

You must be relieved the op is over, we all wish you a speedy recovery. You will have to do as you are told and let nature take it's course! I expect Maisie is keeping a close watch on you.

Best regards

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 13/10/2015 10:25:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000