Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 L0375
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DK6780

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2023 :  12:41:25  Show Profile
Agreed, quite the opposite in fact as they imply that the engine was rebuilt without mentioning that the engine is of the wrong type.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Bell

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2023 :  16:28:06  Show Profile
Yes, the advert is somewhat misleading in that regard - hopefully those interested in bidding will be expert enough to spot at a minimum that this engine does not have a cross flow cylinder head...
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2009 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2023 :  16:59:51  Show Profile

Looking at the pictures of this L type provided by Nigel (Coracle), it appears to me there is rather more of the original car than first appeared.
If I were younger I would certainly bid for this car. The L1 is a very desirable and practical MG and brings back very vivid memories of a superb green L1 for sale at Kershaws Garage in Leeman Road, York, back in the early 70s. Unfortunately, after many sleepless nights I realised I couldn’t raise the money required!
Chris
Go to Top of Page

DK6780

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2023 :  16:55:47  Show Profile
Apparently sold for £3,938 (inclusive of Buyer's Premium).

Anyone on here got themselves a major project?
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2009 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2023 :  18:07:24  Show Profile
Amazed to see this car up for auction at Oulton Park today. ( please see pictures)
The car had been sold by the time I realised it was in the auction!
Chris ( perhaps it was a good job for me it had been sold already!)

Edited by - Westbury on 30/07/2023 18:09:22
Go to Top of Page

Rob Bell

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2023 :  15:37:41  Show Profile
Idk hope that someone here bought this t - I want to know what happens next!
Go to Top of Page

Ozzings

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  18:02:19  Show Profile
Hello everyone
I bought it, I have had a PA and a K1 tourer in the past that I have restored, I also still have a Wolseley Hornet special so I do have some idea of what I have bought. I intend to keep the current 6 cylinder standard engine and gearbox and also the hydraulic brakes and convert it back to wire wheels. The original 4 seater body it underneath the riveted on hard top that I intend to keep ,I love the style. I will need help and advice, I now need a front apron and possibly a near side front wing though I am going to try and salvage as much as I can.
Paul

Paul
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  21:09:25  Show Profile
Paul

I for one am very happy that you try to conserve this time piece. All the best with this project.

Sven
L 0671 and L 2039
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  21:15:17  Show Profile
Paul, I am thrilled that you want to try and preserve this. I must say I am fascinated with it and would love to see it when you have finished it. There will be those that will mock it but what a life it has had and you will continue the story. Good luck with it.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  22:11:35  Show Profile
There was a sniff of an L engine down my way. I can ask, if you would be interested...
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2009 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  23:07:21  Show Profile
Hello, Paul.
Congratulations on your purchase of this fascinating car. I hope you will keep the Register up to date with your progress from time to time.
Personally, I would have wanted to refit an original L or N type engine and gearbox ,also MG wire wheels and brakes but hey, it’s your car and you must do what you want with it.
There is something quirky about the bodywork that is quite attractive and unique so that it has to be worth retaining on your car.
Best of luck with it.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

DK6780

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  23:11:02  Show Profile
Good to hear that the car has gone to a good home and that it is going to retain its history. I look forward to reading about your progress in returning it to the road.
Go to Top of Page

Ozzings

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2023 :  07:34:13  Show Profile
Hi Peter
It could be of interest,please let me know if you get any details, as I said I need a front apron even as a pattern to have one made and maybe a front wing for starters

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Ozzings

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2023 :  08:06:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Westbury

Hello, Paul.
Congratulations on your purchase of this fascinating car. I hope you will keep the Register up to date with your progress from time to time.
Personally, I would have wanted to refit an original L or N type engine and gearbox ,also MG wire wheels and brakes but hey, it’s your car and you must do what you want with it.
There is something quirky about the bodywork that is quite attractive and unique so that it has to be worth retaining on your car.
Best of luck with it.
Chris

Hi Chris
I intend to put wire wheels on, I will probably use the existing engine for now and get it running , I could be a Wolseley Hornet special engine in as well as it’s basically the same as the L type ,

Paul
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2023 :  09:37:45  Show Profile
Paul has been in touch with me and he has also joined the MGCC.

Like everyone else I am very pleased to note Paul plans to restore this unique car as it is and keeping the hard top. It would be good to finish it off with a correct engine and gearbox.

Well done Paul and we all look forward to seeing how the rebuild progresses.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and temporarily K types.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000